Sagestone Mojito Ingredients
- 8 mint leaves
- ¼ cup lime juice, fresh-squeezed
- ¼ cup simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 3 fl. oz. Sauvignon blanc
- 7 fl. oz. Ron Copa rum-flavored distilled wine spirits
Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 2 cups granulated organic cane sugar
- 2 cups warm water
Sagestone Mojito Directions
- In a cocktail shaker, muddle together mint leaves, fresh-squeezed lime juice, and simple syrup until leaves are crushed.
- Add Sauvignon blanc and rum-flavored distilled wine spirits (or rum) and shake vigorously to mix. Pour over ice and garnish with a fresh mint sprig and a lime wheel.
Simple Syrup Directions
- Combine sugar and water in a medium sauce pot and bring to a simmer over low to medium heat. Stir occasionally until sugar has melted into the water, about two or three minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for future use for up to two weeks.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 322/56/trace/trace/trace
Gluten Free Egg Bread
- 3 cups gluten free flour
- 6 egg yolks
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- ⅓ cup canola oil
- 1 tsp. baker's dry yeast
- 1 ¾ cup club soda (or sparkling water)
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
- Combine dry ingredients in a mixing bowl. In a separate mixing bowl, combine egg yolks and club soda (or sparkling water)
- Add liquid ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with an electric mixer using a whip or paddle attachment for 4 minutes on medium speed.
- Place mixture into a greased 3 quart loaf pan, cover and place in a warm humid environment; allow to proof for 40-45 minutes.
- Bake at 325 F for 50-60 minutes or until the sides begin to pull away from the pan. Internal temperature should be 200F, and the loaf should have a nice golden brown top.
- Unmold from pan immediately and cool on a wire rack.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 115/16g/2g/4g/1g
Orange Candied Yams
- 8 yams, peeled and thick sliced for the candy
- 1 ½ pint orange juice
- 1 pint brown sugar
- ½ tbs. ground ginger
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 6 tbs. butter
- 1 ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- Combine all ingredients except yams, and bring to a boil; reduce heat and allow to simmer over medium heat for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Peel and thick slice yams; layer into an ungreased 9" x 13" baking dish. Pour yam candy over yams.
- Bake at 400 degrees until the yams are soft and the candy is bubbly (about 45 minutes).
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 160/38g/2g/1g/5g
Breakfast Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 1 cup Brown sugar-(packed)
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 1/2 tbsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Pecan pieces, raw
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup Brown rice flour
- 4 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Tapioca Flour
- 2 cups Organic cane sugar
- 2/3 cup Corn starch
- 2 cups Brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 tbsp Xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 cups Pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Combine 1st brown sugar, oats and pecans in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together 2nd brown sugar, organic cane sugar and eggs. Add apple sauce and pumpkin puree. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Split batter between 2 loaf pans and top each with brown sugar nut oat topping.
- Bake in a 325F degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool and slice each loaf into 24 slices.
Servings: 48 / Serving Size: 1.8 oz.
Warm Ginger Apple Cider
- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1/8 tsp. ginger ground
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- Mix ground spices with 1 tbsn. Apple cider until well combined. Add into a small sauce pot with the rest of the apple cider.
- Finely grate fresh ginger with a cheese grater. Gather up grated ginger and squeeze 1 tbsn. Ginger juice into the pan.
- Heat until hot.
- Pour through a fine mesh sieve or tea strainer into tea cup. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Nutrition facts: 120 Calories, 29 Carbs, 1 Protein, 1 Fat, 1 Fiber
Cucumber Rosemary Cool Down
- 20 leaves or ½ teaspoon of fresh rosemary leaves per drink
- 2 cucumber slices, about ¼ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 cup vodka flavored distilled white wine spirits or vodka
- ¼ cup tonic water
In a cocktail shaker, muddle together rosemary leaves, cucumber and simple syrup or agave syrup, add ice and vodka, then shake to mix. Strain into double old fashioned glasses filled with ice. Top with tonic water and garnish with a rosemary sprig and cucumber slice.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs 201/30g
Servings: 2 / Yield: 12 ounces
Curried Chicken Salad
- 1 lbs chicken breast, cooked, diced, skinless, boneless
- ¼ cup celery chopped
- 3 tbs. red onion, medium diced
- 2½ tsp. toasted coconut
- 3½ tbs. cashews unsalted raw chopped
- ½ cup red grapes, halved
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1½ tsp. yellow curry powder
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, coconut & cashews
In a separate mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well and allow to sit for at least an hour.
Stir dressing into chicken mixture and stir well.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 98/4g/9g/5g/0g
Veyo Mint Lemonade
- 1 ¼ quarts Red Mountain Lemonade
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 2 Tbs mint leaves, packed
In a large blender cups, add mint leaves, then ice, then lemonade. Cover blender tightly, and starting on low speed, gradually increasing to full speed, blend to a slushy consistency. Pour into tall glasses, garnish with a fresh mint leaf, a lemon slice and a straw
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 212.15/55.76g/0.32g/0.21g/0.33g
Servings: 3 / Yield: 1 ¼ quart
Prickly Pear Strawberry Lemonade
Prickly Pear Strawberry Lemonade Ingredients
- 1 ¼ quarts freshly squeezed Red Mountain lemonade (recipe follows)
- 1 cup prickly pear syrup
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
Freshly Squeezed Red Mountain Lemonade Ingredients
- 3/4 cup organic cane sugar
- 1 cup (about 6 average size lemons) freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup water, bottled or filtered
- 2 cups ice cubes
- 2 cups cold water
Prickly Pear Strawberry Lemonade Directions
Combine lemonade, frozen strawberries, prickly pear syrup, and ice in a large blender. Cover top of blender tightly and purée, starting on lowest speed and gradually increasing to highest speed, until everything is well puréed. Pour into tall glasses, garnish with lemon and strawberry slices and a straw.
Freshly Squeezed Red Mountain Lemonade Directions
In a non-reactive medium-sized sauce pot, combine one cup of water and organic cane sugar. Place on a stove burner set to medium heat and stir occasionally until the sugar is completely dissolved (about 5-7 minutes). Use a handheld citrus squeezer or electric juicer to juice one cup of lemon juice. Make sure to strain out any seeds.
Remove the sugar/water mixture from the stove top and combine with the lemon juice, either in the pot or a large pitcher. Add the ice cubes and the other two cups of cold filtered or bottled water. Stir to speed up the cooling process.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 428.37/108.36g/0.44g/0.56g/1.13g
Servings: 4 / Yield: 1 ½ quarts
Raspberry Banana Chia Seed Protein Blast
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 tsp. Chia seeds
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup whey protein powder
- 2 bananas, peeled
Scoop yogurt into the blender first for easier pureeing. Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth; scrape sides of the blender to make sure all powder is incorporated into the recipe.
Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 443/57g/32g/11g/13g
Lemon Garlic Hummus
- 2 cups Cooked Garbanzo Beans
- 4 Garlic Segments
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
Place garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in food processor.Puree till smooth, (add a little water, if necessary, till reaching the consistency of peanut butter).Mix and chill till ready to serve.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 230.61/23.88g/3.59g/14.71g/2.26g
Yield: about 16 oz / Servings: 8 / Serving Size: 2 oz
Tuna Salad Niçoise
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 3 roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, quartered
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup shallots, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp. fresh herbs chopped (basil, oregano, parsley, etc.)
- juice of one lemon
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 quail eggs
- 6 slices of feta cheese, sliced thin
- ¾ pounds of ahi tuna
- In a large bowl combine the mixed greens, two of the roasted peppers, anchovies, artichokes, and olives. Toss together.
- In a small sauté pan add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Heat the garlic and turn off the heat.
- Add the tomato slices and let sit 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess oil.
- In a blender combine the other 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and the rest of the roasted pepper.
- Blend till smooth. Set aside.
- Spray a non-stick pan with pan coating.
- Crack the quail eggs and be careful not to break the yolk.
- Cook sunny side up.
- Add the herbs and lemon juice to the salad mix. Keep warm.
- Slice the ahi tuna in 12 thin slices.
- To Plate: Place a slice of feta on the bottom of 6 plates. Place some salad mix on the feta. Then place a slice of ahi on top of the salad. Repeat so you have 2 layers. Place a crouton on top with the quail egg as a garnish. Spoon some of the roasted red bell pepper oil around the plate.
- 8 oz. chicken breast, cooked
- 2 Cups garbanzo beans, cooked
- 4 garlic segments
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ Cup water
- ¼ Cup fresh cilantro, minced
- ¼ Cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ Cup pine nuts, lightly roasted
- Pinch salt
- Place garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in food processor.
- Puree till smooth (add a little water, if necessary, till reaching the consistency of peanut butter).
- Add pine nuts, cilantro and diced chicken. Mix and chill till ready to serve.
Tip: Serve very cold for optimum flavor.
Recipe Nutrient Analysis, Single Serving: Calories: 89, Net Carbs: 8g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 4g, Fiber: 2g
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, baked without salt
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 gal. vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. nutmeg, ground
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon, ground
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups carrot
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Cool butternut squash, scoop out the meat of the squash with a spoon.
- Add all ingredients to a soup pot and bring to a boil.
- May be served hot or chilled.
Chicken Caesar Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut
- 4 oz. cooked chicken, diced
- ½ cup garlic croutons
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 oz. anchovy filets
- ½ tsp. mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 oz. red wine vinegar
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 5 oz. olive oil
- 4 oz. soft tofu
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Place all dressing items except olive oil in a blender and puree until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil to emulsify.
- Place salad items in large bowl. Toss with dressing until lightly coated.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing for up to 7 days.
Spicy Fruit Salad
- 1 cup cantaloupe, diced 1"
- 1 cup honeydew, diced 1"
- 1 cup watermelon, diced 1"
- 1 cup pineapple, diced 1"
- 1 tbs. agave syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp. chipotle, minced
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- Pinch salt
- Mix fruit in large mixing bowl.
- Mix agave, chipotle, lime juice, salt and cilantro.
- Pour sauce on fruit and toss.