Breakfast Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 1 cup Brown sugar-(packed)
- 1/2 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats
- 2 1/2 tbsp Pumpkin pie spice
- 1 cup Pecan pieces, raw
- 1/2 tbsp salt
- 1 1/3 cup Brown rice flour
- 4 Eggs
- 2/3 cup Tapioca Flour
- 2 cups Organic cane sugar
- 2/3 cup Corn starch
- 2 cups Brown sugar (packed)
- 1/2 tbsp Xanthan gum
- 1/2 cup Applesauce
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 cups Pumpkin puree
- Preheat oven to 325F
- Combine 1st brown sugar, oats and pecans in a bowl and set aside.
- Whisk together 2nd brown sugar, organic cane sugar and eggs. Add apple sauce and pumpkin puree. Whisk until smooth.
- Whisk together dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then mix dry ingredients with wet ingredients until well incorporated.
- Split batter between 2 loaf pans and top each with brown sugar nut oat topping.
- Bake in a 325F degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Let cool and slice each loaf into 24 slices.
Servings: 48 / Serving Size: 1.8 oz.
Warm Ginger Apple Cider
- 2 cups apple cider or apple juice
- 1/8 tsp. ginger ground
- 1/4 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tbsp. ginger, freshly grated
- 1/8 tsp. allspice
- Mix ground spices with 1 tbsn. Apple cider until well combined. Add into a small sauce pot with the rest of the apple cider.
- Finely grate fresh ginger with a cheese grater. Gather up grated ginger and squeeze 1 tbsn. Ginger juice into the pan.
- Heat until hot.
- Pour through a fine mesh sieve or tea strainer into tea cup. Garnish with cinnamon sticks.
Nutrition facts: 120 Calories, 29 Carbs, 1 Protein, 1 Fat, 1 Fiber
Cucumber Rosemary Cool Down
- 20 leaves or ½ teaspoon of fresh rosemary leaves per drink
- 2 cucumber slices, about ¼ inch thick
- 2 tablespoons simple syrup or agave syrup
- 1 cup vodka flavored distilled white wine spirits or vodka
- ¼ cup tonic water
In a cocktail shaker, muddle together rosemary leaves, cucumber and simple syrup or agave syrup, add ice and vodka, then shake to mix. Strain into double old fashioned glasses filled with ice. Top with tonic water and garnish with a rosemary sprig and cucumber slice.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs 201/30g
Servings: 2 / Yield: 12 ounces
Curried Chicken Salad
- 1 lbs chicken breast, cooked, diced, skinless, boneless
- ¼ cup celery chopped
- 3 tbs. red onion, medium diced
- 2½ tsp. toasted coconut
- 3½ tbs. cashews unsalted raw chopped
- ½ cup red grapes, halved
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup plain yogurt
- 1½ tsp. yellow curry powder
In a large bowl, combine the chicken, celery, onion, coconut & cashews
In a separate mixing bowl, combine mayonnaise, yogurt, curry powder, turmeric and salt. Mix well and allow to sit for at least an hour.
Stir dressing into chicken mixture and stir well.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 98/4g/9g/5g/0g
Veyo Mint Lemonade
- 1 ¼ quarts Red Mountain Lemonade
- 3 cups ice cubes
- 2 Tbs mint leaves, packed
In a large blender cups, add mint leaves, then ice, then lemonade. Cover blender tightly, and starting on low speed, gradually increasing to full speed, blend to a slushy consistency. Pour into tall glasses, garnish with a fresh mint leaf, a lemon slice and a straw
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 212.15/55.76g/0.32g/0.21g/0.33g
Servings: 3 / Yield: 1 ¼ quart
Prickly Pear Strawberry Lemonade
- 1 ¼ quarts red mountain lemonade
- 1 cup prickly pear syrup
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
Combine lemonade, frozen strawberries, prickly pear syrup and ice in a large blender. Cover top of blender tightly and puree, starting on lowest speed and gradually increasing to highest speed, until everything is well pureed. Pour into tall glasses, garnish with lemon and strawberry slices and a straw
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 428.37/108.36g/0.44g/0.56g/1.13g
Servings: 4 / Yield: 1 ½ quarts
Raspberry Banana Chia Seed Protein Blast
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 tsp. Chia seeds
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup whey protein powder
- 2 bananas, peeled
Scoop yogurt into the blender first for easier pureeing. Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth; scrape sides of the blender to make sure all powder is incorporated into the recipe.
Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 443/57g/32g/11g/13g
- 2 cups Cooked Garbanzo Beans
- 4 Garlic Segments
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
Place garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in food processor.Puree till smooth, (add a little water, if necessary, till reaching the consistency of peanut butter).Mix and chill till ready to serve.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 230.61/23.88g/3.59g/14.71g/2.26g
Yield: about 16 oz / Servings: 8 / Serving Size: 2 oz
Tuna Salad Niçoise
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 3 roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, quartered
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup shallots, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp. fresh herbs chopped (basil, oregano, parsley, etc.)
- juice of one lemon
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 quail eggs
- 6 slices of feta cheese, sliced thin
- ¾ pounds of ahi tuna
- In a large bowl combine the mixed greens, two of the roasted peppers, anchovies, artichokes, and olives. Toss together.
- In a small sauté pan add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Heat the garlic and turn off the heat.
- Add the tomato slices and let sit 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess oil.
- In a blender combine the other 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and the rest of the roasted pepper.
- Blend till smooth. Set aside.
- Spray a non-stick pan with pan coating.
- Crack the quail eggs and be careful not to break the yolk.
- Cook sunny side up.
- Add the herbs and lemon juice to the salad mix. Keep warm.
- Slice the ahi tuna in 12 thin slices.
- To Plate: Place a slice of feta on the bottom of 6 plates. Place some salad mix on the feta. Then place a slice of ahi on top of the salad. Repeat so you have 2 layers. Place a crouton on top with the quail egg as a garnish. Spoon some of the roasted red bell pepper oil around the plate.
- 8 oz. chicken breast, cooked
- 2 Cups garbanzo beans, cooked
- 4 garlic segments
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ Cup water
- ¼ Cup fresh cilantro, minced
- ¼ Cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ Cup pine nuts, lightly roasted
- Pinch salt
- Place garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in food processor.
- Puree till smooth (add a little water, if necessary, till reaching the consistency of peanut butter).
- Add pine nuts, cilantro and diced chicken. Mix and chill till ready to serve.
Tip: Serve very cold for optimum flavor.
Recipe Nutrient Analysis, Single Serving: Calories: 89, Net Carbs: 8g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 4g, Fiber: 2g
Red Chile Vinaigrette
- 1 ½ jalapeño
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- ½ Tbsp. chopped shallot
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup New Mexico Red Chile Purée (Mae Ploy Sweet Chile Sauce may be substituted)
- 20 fl. oz. thickened vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. toasted cumin seed
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except for olive oil.
- Blend until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Drizzle in the olive oil.
Note: Vegetable stock can be thickened by bringing it to a boil and slowly whisking in a slurry of cornstarch and cold water. Simmer the stock until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Cool before combining with other ingredients.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, baked without salt
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 gal. vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. nutmeg, ground
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon, ground
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups carrot
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Cool butternut squash, scoop out the meat of the squash with a spoon.
- Add all ingredients to a soup pot and bring to a boil.
- May be served hot or chilled.
Cream of Mushroom and Leek Soup
- 1/2 cup pure olive oil
- 1/4 cup leeks, sliced thinly
- 4 oz. brown rice flour
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms
- 1 1/2 qt. vegetable stock
- 4 oz. coconut milk
- 2–3 Tbsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- White pepper
- Bring olive oil to smoke point.
- Add leeks and sauté 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Sauté 1 minute.
- Turn heat off. Add brown rice flour and mix well.
- Let set 10 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add coconut milk, liquid aminos and white pepper to taste.
Chicken Caesar Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut
- 4 oz. cooked chicken, diced
- ½ cup garlic croutons
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 oz. anchovy filets
- ½ tsp. mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 oz. red wine vinegar
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 5 oz. olive oil
- 4 oz. soft tofu
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Place all dressing items except olive oil in a blender and puree until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil to emulsify.
- Place salad items in large bowl. Toss with dressing until lightly coated.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing for up to 7 days.
Spicy Fruit Salad
- 1 cup cantaloupe, diced 1"
- 1 cup honeydew, diced 1"
- 1 cup watermelon, diced 1"
- 1 cup pineapple, diced 1"
- 1 tbs. agave syrup
- 1/2 Tbsp. chipotle, minced
- 1/2 oz. lime juice
- 1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- Pinch salt
- Mix fruit in large mixing bowl.
- Mix agave, chipotle, lime juice, salt and cilantro.
- Pour sauce on fruit and toss.