Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Custard with Hazelnut Florentine Cups
Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Custard Ingredients
- ½ cup Justin's chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/8 cup heaping cocoa powder
- ¼ cup heaping organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. hazelnut extract
- ½ cup coconut milk, canned
- 3 ½ tbsp. corn starch
Hazelnut Florentine Cups Ingredients
- 1 ¾ cups hazelnut (sliced and blanched)
- 3 tbsp. gluten free flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup non-dairy butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk mostly the cream from the top
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Custard Directions
- Mix corn starch and ½ cup coconut milk. Set aside.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients in a blender till smooth.
- Place blended mixture in a sauce pan and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Whisk in cornstarch coconut milk mixture. Continue heating and stirring constantly, bring to a simmer and immediately remove from heat.
- Scoop 2 ounces into each Hazelnut Florentine Cup. Cool.
Hazelnut Florentine Cups Directions
- Preheat oven to 275F and line a large baking sheet with silpat. Spray or grease backside of a muffin tin or other appropriate sized cups.
- Finely chop hazelnuts and place in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the rest of the dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar).
- In a small pot, add non-dairy butter, honey, coconut milk. Combine over medium-heat until boiling. Remove from heat immediately.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Using a ¾ oz. cookie scoop place one level scoop onto baking sheet, giving three-inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake 20 min. rotating half way through until golden brown. Working quickly, use a spatula to lift cookie off silpat onto top of each muffin tin, using gloved hands to shape to mold as needed. Repeat with all cookies.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes or until bowl has set.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 222/23g/1g/14g/27g
- ¾ cup vanilla ice cream
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin puree
- ¼ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. ground allspice
- ¾ tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1 pinch ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup skim milk
- 1 cup crushed ice
- 2 tbsp. agave syrup or honey
- Combine all ingredients in a blender. Pulsate to desired consistency.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 206/35g/5g/5g/2g
Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake With Lemon Glaze
Gluten Free Lemon Blueberry Bundt Cake
- ½ cup softened unsalted butter
- ½ cup yogurt ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- 3 cups Cup4Cup™ gluten free flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 tablespoon lemon zest
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup lemon glaze (See recipe below)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon lemon extract
Per serving: 384 calories l 67g carbohydrates l 5g protein l 7g fat l 1g fiber
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a countertop stand mixer (or mixing bowl with electric hand mixer) cream together butter, sugar and salt until light and fluffy.
- Scrape down bowl during the creaming process.
- Add yogurt and eggs one at a time.
- Sift together dry ingredients and add to butter mixture on slow speed. Do not over mix.
- Mix in buttermilk, lemon extract and lemon zest.
- Fold in blueberries.
- Pour into buttered floured bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour 15 minutes, or until a toothpick or wooden skewer comes out clean.
- Cool and top with lemon glaze.
- Cut into 16 slices.
- Sift powdered sugar and blend with liquids.
- Top cake with glaze.
Note: There are many gluten free flours. For best results, we recommend Cup4Cup™ brand gluten free flour.
- 1¼ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¼ cup water
- 18 oz low-fat cream cheese
- 1¼ cups fructose
- ⅓ cup skim milk
- 4 tablespoons cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons nutmeg
- 2½ teaspoons clove
- 6 sheets gelatin
- 4 cups canned pumpkin
- Combine water and cracker crumbs.
- Spray cake pan with your preferred cooking spray.
- Press into 10-inch spring form cake pan and set aside.
- Cream together cream cheese and sugar.
- Fold in the pumpkin.
- Soften the gelatin in warm skim milk.
- Quickly fold gelatin into the cheese/pumpkin mixture.
- Pour into prepared pan and refrigerate overnight.
- Slice into 16 pieces and serve.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 207/32g/5g/8g/1g
- 1 cup cashews unsalted raw
- ½ cup pecan pieces, raw
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup FruitSweet (or agave syrup, maple syrup or honey)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Combine all ingredients in blender
- Puree on high speed until smooth
- Use a rubber spatula to transfer the mixture into half cup creme brulee ramekins or into a pastry bag
- Chill to refrgierator temperature and then enjoy
- Garnish with a light dusting of cinnamon and a sprig of mint
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 230.61/23.88g/3.59g/14.71g/2.26g
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 6 tsp. sugar
- 1 each egg
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 5 tbsp. canola oil
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 tbs. whipped cream
- Combine sliced strawberries and sugar. Mix well and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes. The mixture should become very juicy.
- Preheat conventional oven to º350 F.
- Whisk the egg, sugar, lemon juice and oil together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon zest and dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients (egg, sugar, lemon juice and oil) and mix to create a thick dough.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Lightly grease a baking pan, drop 3 tablespoon size mounds on the baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake at º350 for 12-15 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the whip cream.
- Place bottom half of the shortcake on plate.
- Top with sliced strawberries, some of the juice from the strawberry/sugar mixture, and whipped cream.
- Top with the other half of the shortcake and enjoy.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 346/18/11/18/7
Vanilla Bean Flan
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup half & half
- 1 each vanilla bean, split and scraped
- 3 each eggs, medium
- 3 each medium egg yolks
- 5 tablespoons organic cane sugar(for egg/milk mixture)
- 1/2 cup organic cane sugar(for caramel sauce)
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- Preheat convention (not convection) oven to 325F.
- Lightly spray six 1/2 cup ramekins with PAM or other non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the heavy cream, half & half, milk, the split and scraped vanilla bean pod and its scrapings into a medium sized heavy bottomed sauce pan; gradually bring to a simmer over medium heat, then remove from the stove top.
- In a mixing bowl, combine eggs, yolks and five tablespoons of organic cane sugar and beat with a wire whisk until the mixture becomes frothy. Add one cup of the simmered milk mixture into the egg mixture and whisk to combine. Gradually add the remaining milk mixture into the egg mixture and pour through a fine mesh strainer into a clean dry container. Set aside.
- To make caramel sauce: In a medium heavy bottomed sauce pot, combine the water, freshly squeezed lemon juice and the remaining half cup of organic cane sugar. (Be careful not to get the mixture on the sides of the pan as it will burn.) Cook undisturbed over medium heat until it becomes amber in color (like a penny) about 3 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat and spoon one tablespoon of the caramel into the bottom of each greased ramekin.
- Place the ramekins into a deep baking dish. Ladle the egg/milk mixture over the caramel in each ramekin, dividing evenly. Create a steam bath by carefully pouring hot water into the baking pan until the water is halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Make sure not to get any water in the ramekins.
- Cover the baking dish tightly with aluminum foil and bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the flans are set, but still slightly loose in the center.
- Carefully remove from the oven, remove the foil, and let the flans rest in the hot water for about 10 minutes.
- Remove the flans from the baking dish and allow them to cool slightly on the countertop before moving them to the refrigerator.
- To serve: with your fingertips gently press around the outside of the flan to release it from the ramekin. Invert each flan onto a small plate and remove the ramekin. If desired, top with fresh berries and whipped cream.
Nutrition facts: Serves 6 - 5.2 ounce servings. 298 calories/ 17g. fat/30 g. carbs/6 g protein.
Orange Crème Brûlée
- 1 cups half & half
- 1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise
- 1 1/3 cups evaporated skim milk
- 2/3 cup granulated sugar
- 4 each egg yolks
- 1 Tbs orange liqueur
- 1/2 Tbs orange zest
- 1/4 tsp orange extract
- 2 12 tsp turbinado sugar (to top the brule)
- Combine half & half, evaporated milk and vanilla bean in a medium saucepot and heat to just below a simmer on medium heat. Remove vanilla bean, split, scrape and add the scrapings back into the mixture. Discard scraped pods.
- Add granulated sugar to the mixture and heat to a simmer; remove from heat.
- Place egg yolks in a small bowl. Temper the eggs by slowly wisking in 1/2 cup of the warm milk mixture.
- Add tempered egg yolks into the sauce pot with the remaining milk mixture. Mix well.
- Stir in orange liqueur, orange extract and orange zest.
- Pour 1/3 cup of the mixture into 4 oz. ceramic ramekins until the water level is as high as the brule. (custard)
- Add hot water into the pan around the ramekins until the water level is as high as the brule.
- Cover casserole dish with aluminum foil and bake in preheated oven (300 degrees) for 30-45 minutes, or until the custard is set, but still slightly loose in the center.
- Remove from oven and refrigerate until completely chilled, at least four hours.
- Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoon of the turbinado sugar evenly over the top of each brule & carmelize with a small torch. Serve immediately.
Nutrition facts: 2.9 oz serving. 142 Calories, 5g Fat, 20 Carbs
Brûlée Banana Split
Banana Split Ingredients
- ½ Banana
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh berries
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 Tbsp. fruit sorbet
- 1 Tbsp. chocolate sauce
- 1 Tbsp. agave caramel sauce (recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp. raspberry-pomegranate coulis (recipe below)
Agave Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- 6 Tbsp. water
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. agave syrup
- ¼ cup cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter
Raspberry-Pomegranate Coulis Ingredients
- 6 Tbsp. raspberries, frozen
- 1 Tbsp. pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp. fructose (or sugar)
- Peel and quarter banana lengthwise; coat with brown sugar and caramelize with a torch.
- Put two banana quarters in bowl; top with vanilla bean ice cream and fruit sorbet.
- Sprinkle with fresh berries, drizzle with agave caramel, raspberry-pomegranate and chocolate sauces.
Agave Caramel Sauce Directions
- Combine water, sugar, and agave syrup. Cook to a light caramel.
- Stand back and add cream, stirring to blend.
- Stir in butter.
Raspberry-Pomegranate Coulis Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pot.
- Simmer over low medium heat until all the raspberries are broken down.
- Puree and strain.
Deconstructed Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
- 8 oz. low fat cream cheese
- 7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 Tbsp. thawed blueberries
- 4 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
- Blend cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
- Refrigerate until set.
- Once cheesecake mixture is set, divide into four portions onto plates.
- Sprinkle each portion with 1 Tbsp. thawed blueberries and 1 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 ¾ Tbsp. butter, softened
- 4 ¾ Tbsp. packed brown sugar
- 2 ½ Tbsp. sugar
- 2 ¼ oz. pumpkin, solid pack
- ½ Tbsp. egg, beaten
- 1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
- 5 oz. wheat flour, all-purpose
- 2 ½ oz. oats, quick-cooking
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon, ground
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 5 Tbsp. chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by slightly heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10–12 minutes until lightly browned.
Almond Milk Cake
- 3 egg whites
- 7 oz. almond paste
- 12 egg yolks
- 12 egg whites
- 10 oz. sugar, granulated
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 7 oz. cake flour 6 cups skim milk
- 1 ½ cup honey
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¾ cup sugar, granulated
- 2 cups lowfat (neufchatel) cream cheese
- ¾ tbsp. toasted crushed almond slivers
- Gradually mix the 3 egg whites into the almond paste to soften it.
- Whip the 12 egg yolks with 3 oz. sugar to ribbon stage. Add the vanilla extract and slowly add this to the almond paste.
- Whip the 12 egg whites to soft peaks with remaining 7 oz. sugar and carefully fold into yolk mixture. Then fold in the cake flour.
- Immediately spread the batter on a paper-lined sheet pan (do not use any spray oil). Bake at 350 degrees F for 10–12 minutes until done. Allow to cool. Cut cake into three equal sheets.
- Heat the milk and honey with the vanilla extract to a low simmer.
- Assemble the layers by spreading lightly with a low-fat cream cheese and sugar mix.
- With a bamboo skewer or toothpick, poke holes in the sheet cake. Pour the milk mixture over the cake and refrigerate until cold.
- Cut rectangular shaped pieces about 2 X 3 inches and sprinkle with lightly toasted, crushed almond slivers.
Glazed Lemon Pound Cake with Blueberries
- 1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- ¾ cup fructose
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp baking soda
- 1/8 tsp salt
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp lemon zest
- ½ cup frozen blueberries
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1/8 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp melted butter
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees
- Spray baking pan (3” x 4 ½” x 8”) with pan spray
- Combine flour, fructose, baking powder, soda and salt
- Mix together orange juice, lemon juice, canola oil, vanilla, lemon zest and eggs
- Incorporate wet items into dry items
- Add frozen blueberries
- Place batter into baking pan
- Bake 50-55 minutes
- Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and melted butter
- Brush cake with powdered sugar lemon juice glaze
Deep Dark Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate
- 1¾ cup unsifted flour
- 2 cup sugar
- ¾ cup cocoa
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- 1½ tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup canola oil
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 cup frozen raspberries
- 3 Tbsp. pomegranate juice
- 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt)
- Add the eggs, milk, canola oil and vanilla extract Mix until thoroughly combined
- Mix in the hot water
- Pour into an oil-sprayed 9" x 13" baking pan
- Fold in white chocolate
- Bake at 350° F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean
- Combine raspberries, pomegranate juice and granulated sugar in a small sauce pan
- Simmer over low-medium heat until all the raspberries are broken down
- Puree, strain and cool
- Drizzle on each piece of cake
- Calories: 290
- Carbohydrates (g): 44
- Protein (g): 4
- Fat (g): 3
- Fiber (g): 2
Lime Pot de Crème
- 1/3 cup key lime juice
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 whole eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- Blend all items on high 2-3 minutes
- Divide into six ramekins
- Place ramekins in 2" full pan
- Fill with hot water level to the créme
- Bake 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean
Apple Walnut Bread Pudding
- ¼ tsp. vanilla beans, split
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 cup milk
- Pinch salt
- Pinch pepper
- 2 eggs
- ¼ lb. whole wheat bread, cubed
- ½ apple, peeled, sliced
- ¼ oz. walnuts, chopped
- ¼ tsp. apple pie spice
- ¾ cup caramel sauce (see recipe below)
- Pinch cinnamon
Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- 3 fl. oz. water
- 3 fl. oz. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. corn syrup
- 1/4 cup cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- Warm milk with vanilla bean and brown sugar to dissolve the sugar
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper
- Add bread, apples and apple pie spice to egg and milk mixture
- Pour into a baking pan and bake (preferably in a water bath) for 30 minutes at 325° degrees
- Serve with Caramel Sauce (see recipe)
- Dust each serving with cinnamon
Caramel Sauce Directions
- Combine water, sugar and corn syrup
- Cook to a light caramel
- Cautiously add cream, stirring to blend
- Stir in butter
Baked Pear with Agave Chili Glazed Pecans
- 4 pears
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 tsp. agave syrup
- 1 tsp. chili powder
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne
- 1/2 cup pecans
- Peel pears
- Cut off top portion of pear and hollow out removing core and seeds
- Place into baking dish
- Add ½ cup water
- Place in preheated 350° oven Cook until tender
- Combine agave syrup, chili powder and cayenne in bowl
- Toss pecans in mixture and place on silicone baking mat
- Bake until caramelized, cool and crumble
- Place pecans in warm pear and serve