Vegan Flourless Bittersweet Chocolate Cake
- ½ cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- ¾ cup beets, cooked and peeled
- ¼ cup unsalted raw cashews
- ¼ cup Arborio rice (cooked = 1 cup)
- 3 tbsp. water
- 2/3 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 ½ tbsp. cocoa powder
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. chia seeds, ground
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 3 tbsp. canola oil
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cup chocolate chips, bittersweet
- ½ cup chocolate chips, semisweet
- 16 tbsp. port pomegranate cherry compote
- Soak cashews in a bowl of water for 3-4 hours or overnight.
- Cook Arborio rice with 2/3 cup of water in a steamer uncovered for 25 minutes. Cover and cool.
- Blend in a food processor the beets, soaked cashews, cooked rice, and black beans with water until smooth.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder, and baking powder. Continue blending.
- Mix lemon juice, vanilla extract, and ground chia seeds, and set aside to gel for 5 minutes. Then add to the processor.
- Use a microwave to melt chocolates with coconut oil. Blend into batter.
- Spray a 9-inch spring form pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Spray parchment paper.
- Bake in a 350° oven with low fan for 45 minutes. Allow to cool.
Nutritional Key: Calories 210 / Carbs 32g / Protein 2g / Fat 10g / Fiber 2g