Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Custard with Hazelnut Florentine Cups
Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Custard Ingredients
- ½ cup Justin's chocolate hazelnut spread
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/8 cup heaping cocoa powder
- ¼ cup heaping organic cane sugar
- ¼ cup powdered sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. hazelnut extract
- ½ cup coconut milk, canned
- 3 ½ tbsp. corn starch
Hazelnut Florentine Cups Ingredients
- 1 ¾ cups hazelnut (sliced and blanched)
- 3 tbsp. gluten free flour
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ cup sugar
- ¼ cup non-dairy butter
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. coconut milk mostly the cream from the top
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
Vegan Chocolate Hazelnut Custard Directions
- Mix corn starch and ½ cup coconut milk. Set aside.
- Blend the rest of the ingredients in a blender till smooth.
- Place blended mixture in a sauce pan and heat over medium heat until hot.
- Whisk in cornstarch coconut milk mixture. Continue heating and stirring constantly, bring to a simmer and immediately remove from heat.
- Scoop 2 ounces into each Hazelnut Florentine Cup. Cool.
Hazelnut Florentine Cups Directions
- Preheat oven to 275F and line a large baking sheet with silpat. Spray or grease backside of a muffin tin or other appropriate sized cups.
- Finely chop hazelnuts and place in a large mixing bowl. Stir in the rest of the dry ingredients (flour, salt, sugar).
- In a small pot, add non-dairy butter, honey, coconut milk. Combine over medium-heat until boiling. Remove from heat immediately.
- Add to dry ingredients and mix thoroughly. Set aside to cool for about 15 minutes.
- Using a ¾ oz. cookie scoop place one level scoop onto baking sheet, giving three-inches of space between each cookie.
- Bake 20 min. rotating half way through until golden brown. Working quickly, use a spatula to lift cookie off silpat onto top of each muffin tin, using gloved hands to shape to mold as needed. Repeat with all cookies.
- Allow to cool for 20 minutes or until bowl has set.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 222/23g/1g/14g/27g