Tamari Orange Glazed Tempeh Napoleon Stack
- 1 pound Tempeh
- ¾ pound Yams, roasted, peeled and sliced into planks
- ½ cup Red rice cooked
- ¼ cup Dried black mission figs, sliced into wheels
- ¼ cup Chevre goat cheese
- 4 servings Tamari orange marinade (recipe follows)
- 1 cup Tamari
- 1 cup Orange Juice
- 2 tbs Fresh rosemary, minced
- 1 tsp Chopped garlic
- Combine ingredients for marinade; slice tempeh in half crossways and marinate for an hour.
- Roast yams in 350º oven until soft, about 30 minutes; cool and peel
- Soften goat cheese to room temperature or process in food processor to make it spreadable
- Drain tempeh from marinade; either grill or sauté.
- Slice figs into rounds.
- Cook red rice until soft; cool
- Spread ¼ of the goat cheese across the top of each piece of tempeh, then add fig wheels to cover single layer
- Add 2 tablespoon of cooked red rice, then top with ¼ thick yam slices, then top with the other piece of tempeh and more yams.
- To serve-put on lightly oiled baking sheet, cover with foil to keep it from burning, and bake for about 8 minutes, or until hot; remove foil and bake for another 2 minutes to caramelize the outside of the yams and tempeh
- In a sauce pot, reduce marinade until thick enough to coat the back of a spoon
- To serve-place stack on plate and ladle 1 oz of marinade reduction over the top.
- Combine all ingredients, then add tempeh and marinate for 1 hour
- Drain tempeh, and SAVE the marinade; reduce marinade by half or until thick and syrupy and use as sauce for the tempeh napoleon