- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 6 tsp. sugar
- 1 each egg
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 tbsp. baking powder
- 5 tbsp. canola oil
- ½ tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- ½ cup 2% milk
- 2 ¼ cup all purpose flour
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 6 tbs. whipped cream
- Combine sliced strawberries and sugar. Mix well and allow to rest for at least 30 minutes. The mixture should become very juicy.
- Preheat conventional oven to º350 F.
- Whisk the egg, sugar, lemon juice and oil together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix the lemon zest and dry ingredients and stir until well mixed.
- Slowly add the dry ingredients into the liquid ingredients (egg, sugar, lemon juice and oil) and mix to create a thick dough.
- Add the milk and mix well.
- Lightly grease a baking pan, drop 3 tablespoon size mounds on the baking sheet, 2 inches apart.
- Bake at º350 for 12-15 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- Prepare the whip cream.
- Place bottom half of the shortcake on plate.
- Top with sliced strawberries, some of the juice from the strawberry/sugar mixture, and whipped cream.
- Top with the other half of the shortcake and enjoy.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 346/18/11/18/7