Strawberry Lime Chia Seed Agua Fresca
- 1 cup Petrov distilled white wine spirits or vodka
- 1/2 cup fresh strawberries, washed, stemmed, and puréed
- 2 tbsp. lime juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp. chia seeds, gelled
- 1/4 cup tonic water
- 1/4 cup simple syrup
Simple Syrup Ingredients
- 1/4 cup granulated organic cane sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water
- In a cocktail shaker, combine ice, Petrov-flavored distilled white wine spirits or vodka, strawberry purée, simple syrup, fresh lime juice, and gelled chia seeds.
- Shake until well mixed, then pour into a double Old Fashioned glass. Top with tonic water and garnish with a sliced strawberry.
Notes: To get chia seed gel, mix 1 part dried chia seeds with 8 parts room temperature water, stir, and allow to sit for about 20 minutes.
Simple Syrup Directions
- Combine sugar and water in a medium saucepot and bring to a simmer over low to medium heat. Stir occasionally until the sugar has melted into the water, about 2-3 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Simple syrup can be stored in the refrigerator for future use for up to two weeks.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 244/36/1/2/3