Sonoran Style Black Beans
- ¾ tsp canola oil
- 1 ½ cups black beans, raw
- 6 cups vegetable stock
- 6 tbs red onion, chopped
- 1 ½ tbs garlic chopped
- ⅜ tsp jalapeno chiles, stemmed, seeded and finely diced
- 1 ½ tbs cilantro
- ½ tsp kosher salt
- Spread raw beans out on a sheet pan and pick through to remove any rocks or broken beans. Soak overnight with 4 times as much cold water as there are beans
- Heat soup pot over high flame, add oil, and sauté onion, garlic and jalapeno. Add beans and veg stock and simmer over medium heat until beans are tender but not mushy.
- Stir in cilantro and salt and hold hot until ready to serve.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 84.28/15.4g/5.04g/0.51g/3.69g
Degree of Difficulty: Easy
Servings: 12 / Yields 3 cups - 1/12 of a recipe (5.2 ounces)