Sonoran Fish Tacos
- ¼ cup avocado crema
- 1 cup RM pico de gallo
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, fresh squeezed (about one average sized lime)
- ½ cup red cabbage thinly shredded
- 4 servings sonoran style black beans
- 1 pound mahi mahi or other mild white fish
- 4 teaspoons chopped cilantro
- 1 pinch kosher salt
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 8 each corn tortillas (about 6 inches)
- In a small mixing bowl, combine cabbage, fresh squeezed lime juice and cilantro. Mix well and allow to sit at room temperature while you complete the rest of the preparation.
- Portion the fish into 8 equal pieces. Season lightly on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Preheat an oven safe sauté pan (stainless steel, no plastic handle) on high heat until fully heated; preheat oven to 450F.
- Add just enough canola, olive or avocado oil to the pan to lightly coat the bottom, then carefully place the fish in the pan and sauté for about two minutes per side, then place the whole sauté pan in the pre-heated oven and bake until cooked through , 8-10 minutes. Remove fish from oven and let it rest for 2-3 minutes.
- Warm corn tortillas over an open flame or in a sauté pan to soften, then lay two overlapping side by side on each plate; place a piece of fish in the center of each tortilla, and top with the cilantro lime cabbage mixture.
- Garnish with lime wedges and serve with black beans, fresh pico de gallo, and avocado crema.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 346.02/44.29g/35.72g/3.36g/7.73g
Degree of Difficulty: Moderately difficult
Servings: 4 - 1/4 of a recipe (13.9 ounces)