Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna with Edamame Purée and Daikon Salad
- 1 lb. tuna, cut into 4 equal portions
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ½ cup Daikon Salad
- 1 cup Edamame Purée
- Pinch of kosher salt to taste
- Pinch of ground black pepper
Edamame Purée Ingredients
- 3 cups edamame beans
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 tbsp. cilantro
- 2 tbsp. lime juice
- 1 tsp. miso paste
- 1 tsp. Sriracha sauce
- 1 ½ cups soy, rice, or almond milk
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- ½ tsp. ground black pepper
Daikon Salad Ingredients
- ½ cup red cabbage, shaved thin
- ½ cup daikon radish, julienne thin
- ¼ cup carrots, julienne thin
- ¼ cup daikon radish sprouts
- 1 tbsp. red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 tbsp. yellow bell pepper, seeded and cut into strips
- 2 tbsp. cilantro, rinsed and rough-chopped
- 2 tbsp. mint leaves, chiffonade
- ¼ cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 2 tbsp. tamari
- Season tuna with salt and pepper. Coat with sesame seeds and pan-sear both sides until desired temperature is reached.
- Mix Daikon Salad. In the center of the plate, place purée and top with tuna and salad.
Edamame Purée Directions
- Cook garlic, onions, and edamame until tender.
- Place in blender with cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper, miso, Sriracha, soy milk, and olive oil. Purée until smooth.
Daikon Salad Directions
- Blend tamari (soy sauce) and rice vinegar together, mixing well.
- In a separate bowl, mix together all other ingredients. Then pour in vinegar/soy sauce mixture and again mix well.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 466/33/41/22/12