Pan Seared Pork with Granny Smith Apple Chutney & Creamy Herb Polenta
- Granny Smith Apple, Cranberry & Chipotle Chutney (recipe below)
- Creamy Herb Polenta (recipe below)
- 3 cups granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- ½ cup apple juice
- ½ cups red onion, julienne
- ½ cups cider vinegar
- ½ cups dried cranberries
- 1 tsp. mustard seed
- ½ cups brown sugar
- 4 tsp. chipotle peppers
- 10 cups 2% milk
- 1 tsp. fresh rosemary, minced
- 3 cups polenta
- ¼ cups Italian parsley, coarsely chopped
- 2 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. oregano, chopped
- Preheat sauce pot; saute onion and mustard seeds until onion begins to soften, then add in apples and saute for another minute or so.
- Add remaining ingredients and reduce over medium heat until most of the liquid has been cooked out.
- Hold at room temperature for service.
- Bring liquid to a simmer over medium high heat in a thick bottomed saucepot
- Add polenta, reduce heat to medium low, and stir with a whisk until thick, about 5 minutes. DO NOT SCORCH!
- Fold in the remaining ingredients and season to taste. Remove from flame and spread out evenly on a flat baking sheet. Allow to cool and set up.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber363/29/29/14/3