New Mexico Green Chile Pork Posole
- 1/3 large onions, diced
- ½ stalk celery, diced
- 2 ½ tsp. garlic, chopped
- 1 ¼ tsp. olive oil
- ½ lb. pork loin, lean, boneless
- 3 ½ oz. hominy
- ½ cup canned green chiles, diced
- 3 oz. tomatillos, whole
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 tsp. chile powder
- Pinch salt
- Pinch black pepper
- 2 ¾ cup chicken stock, skimmed of all fat
- 2 Tbsp. fresh cilantro, chopped
- Sauté diced onions, celery, and garlic in oil until tender.
- Add diced pork and continue cooking until meat has browned.
- Add hominy, green chilies, tomatillos, cumin, chile powder, salt, pepper and chicken stock and simmer 1 hour.
- Mix in the cilantro and serve.