Lava Loop Omelet
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp. cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 tbsp. asparagus, trimmed, cut into one-inch pieces
- 1 tbsp. red onions, julienned
- 2 tbsp. grape tomatoes, diced
- 1 tsp. canola oil
- Preheat a small non-stick omelet pan over medium-high heat. Add half of the canola oil and then the red onions and cook until they begin to caramelize, about 45 seconds. Add asparagus and continue to sauté for another 30 seconds, then add tomatoes and sauté for another 30-45 seconds.
- Set the mixture aside, carefully wipe the pan out with a paper towel, and put back on medium heat.
- In a small bowl, beat the eggs with a whisk. Add the remaining oil and pour in the beaten eggs. Allow them to sit in the pan without stirring them until they begin to pull away from the edge of the pan, about 1 minute.
- Use a heat-resistant rubber spatula to gently pull the eggs away from the edges of the pan, and tip the pan slightly to allow the uncooked egg mixture to contact the bottom of the pan. Keep doing this until the eggs are set, about 4-5 minutes.
- Slip the spatula under the omelet and carefully flip over. Sprinkle with cheese and allow to cook for another 45-60 seconds.
- Lay the omelet out on a plate and spoon the onions, asparagus, and tomatoes onto one half. Gently fold over and serve.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 215/2/14/16/trace