Grilled Wapiti Elk
- 16 oz North American Elk steak, tenderloin or top sirloin
- 1 oz Zinfandel Strawberry Sauce
- 1/4 cup arugula roasted pepper salad
- 2 tablespoons Ancho Chili Powder
- 1 pinch Kosher salt to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper freshly ground
Arugula Roasted Pepper Salad With Aged Balsamic ingredients
- 1 each yellow bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and cut into thin strips
- 1 each red bell pepper, roasted, peeled, seeded and julienne
- 1 cup arugula greens
- 1 pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon good quality balsamic vinegar
- Preheat grill on medium high heat
- Rub elk with ancho chili powder and salt and pepper.
- Place elk on grill and cook on both sides til desired temperature. Suggested serving by Chef Luethje is rare to medium rare for optimum flavor.
- Spoon sauce onto the middle of the plate. Place celery root puree in middle of sauce, top with elk and place arugula salad on top of elk.
Arugula Roasted Pepper Salad With Aged Balsamic Directions
- Preheat oven to 425 F; lightly coat peppers with olive or canola oil, or a cooking spray like PAM; place whole peppers on a baking sheet and bake until the skin splits and the peppers begin to wrinkle, about 12 -14 minutes.
- Carefully transfer peppers to a paper or plastic ziploc bag, seal and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Remove from bag, peel, seed and core. cut the peppers into fork length thin strips and set aside.
- In a small mixing bowl, combine arugula greens, balsamic vinegar, and black pepper. Mix well.
- Place a small amount of arugula-vinegar mix on plate and top with some of the roasted peppers.
Nutrition facts: 1oz. serving. 14 Calories, 0 Fat, 3g Carbs, 1g protein.