Grilled Sockeye Salmon with Roasted Garlic Aioli and Asparagus Fingerling Ragout
- 1 lb. wild salmon grilled to taste
- 4 servings roasted garlic and shallot aioli
- 4 servings asparagus fingerling potato ragout
- 8 ounces olive oil mashed potatoes
Roasted Garlic & Shallot Aioli Ingredients
- 3 ounces roasted garlic cloves
- 5 ounces shallots, peeled and roasted
- 2 cups reduced calorie mayonanaise
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Asparagus Potato Ragout Ingredients
- 1/2 cup Yukon Gold Fingerling Potatoes, sliced into wheels
- 1/4 cup asparagus
- t1 1/3 tsp baby carrots, cut into wheels
- 1 tsp grape tomato (cut in 1/2) or cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp olive oil (3 teaspoons)
- 2 tsp fresh thyme leaves
- Preheat Grill or saute pan to medium high heat.
- Season the salmon filets with kosher salt and pepper. Place the salon on the hottest part of the grill and cook for about 2 minutes. Turn the salmon and cook until medium, about 3 minutes.
- Plate and serve with the asparagus fingerling potato ragout and aioli sauce.
Roasted Garlic & Shallot Aioli Directions
- Preheat oven to 375° F; lightly coat garlic and shallots with olive oil.Â Roast uncovered on baking sheet or oven proof sauté pan for about 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and stir, then continue cooking until both garlic and shallots are tender and lightly browned, about another 10 - 12 minutes.Â Then remove from oven and allow to cool for a few minutes
- In a food processor or blender, combine mayonnaise, water and roasted garlic & shallots along with any remaining roasting oil; puree until mostly smooth, reserve until needed.
Asparagus Potato Ragout Directions
- Preheat oven to 375º, thinly slice fingerling potatoes and toss in 2 teaspoons of olive oil and sprinkle lightly with kosher or sea salt to taste.
- Spread out on baking sheet or in oven proof pan and roast for 7 minutes.Â Remove from oven and reserve until needed.
- Preheat sauté pan over high heat and saute asparagus wheels and carrots in 1 teaspoon of olive oil and 2 teaspoons of garlic.Â Sauté until they begin to soften, about one minute.Â Then add in grape or cherry tomato halves and fresh thyme leaves.Â Sauté for additional minute.Â Add in roasted potato slices and remove from heat.Â
- Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper as desired.
Nutrition Information: Calories 377/Fat 3g/Carbohydrates 12g/Fiber 1g/Protein 1.5g per serving