Grilled Grassfed New York Strip Loin with Maytag Blue Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes and Chipotle Coffee Demi-Glace
Grilled Grassfed New York Strip Loin Ingredients
- 1 lb. New York strip steak, trimmed of all fat
- 4 servings Maytag Blue Cheese au gratin potatoes (recipe follows)
- 4 servings chipotle coffee demi-glace (recipe follows)
- 1 lb. green beans or asparagus spears, blanched and refreshed in cold water
- 1 tsp. garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp. canola oil
Maytag Blue Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes Ingredients
- 1 cup half and half or light cream
- ⅓ cup egg, beaten
- ¼ cup egg white, slightly beaten
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 2 ½ lbs. Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and thin sliced on mandolin
- 1 ½ cup Maytag or other blue cheese, crumbled
Chipotle Coffee Demi-Glace Ingredients
- 1 ½ tsp. canola oil
- 2 tsp. chipotle peppers, seeded and minced, canned or adobe sauce from the can
- ⅔ cup coffee, fresh brewed
- ⅓ cup yellow onion, peeled, small diced
- 1 cup veal stock, reduced or low-sodium beef stock
Grilled Estancia Ranch Grassfed New York Striploin Directions
- Trim all the fat and portion New York strip steaks to 4 oz. each, sprinkle lightly with salt and pepper, and grill to desired temperature.
- Preheat sauté pan over high heat, add oil and sauté garlic until it just starts to brown. Add blanched green beans or asparagus, sauté until hot, and season with salt and pepper as needed.
- Ladle 2 tsp. of demi-glace over steak. Plate and serve with green beans or asparagus and au gratin potatoes.
Maytag Blue Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes Directions
- Preheat oven to 325ºF. In mixing bowl, combine egg, egg white, half and half, parmesan cheese, and blue cheese.
- Peel potatoes and slice very thin. Use a mandolin or a slicer attachment on a food processor for best results.
- Pour egg, cheese and cream mixture over potatoes and toss to coat. Layer into greased baking dish, placing some of the blue cheese crumbles between the layers of potatoes.
- Bake covered for about 30 minutes or until potatoes are tender when pierced with a skewer or toothpick.
- Uncover and bake at 375ºF for 10 more minutes until top of the potatoes are golden brown.
Chipotle Coffee Demi-Glace Directions
- Preheat sauce pot over high heat. Add oil and onions. Sauté until onions begin to soften, add chipotles.
- Deglaze with coffee and reduce until thick and syrupy. Add veal or low-sodium beef stock, bring to a simmer over medium heat. Reduce until sauce is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 588/58g/9g/21g/6g