Classic Lemon Cheesecake
- 3 cups cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sour cream
- 3 eggs
- 3/4 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup melted butter
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
Sour Cream Topping Ingredients
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tbsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- Heat oven to 325˚F. Bring cream cheese to room temperature.
- Combine the graham cracker crumbs and melted butter. Press 1 tbsp. into muffin tins or silicone cupcake molds.
- Place softened cream cheese in a stand mixer with the paddle attachment and mix on medium speed.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and add sugar. Continue to mix on medium speed.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl and add lemon juice, lemon zest, salt, and vanilla extract. Mix until well incorporated.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl then add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Mix until well incorporated.
- Scrape down sides of the bowl one more time, then add sour cream.
- Pour mixture over the crust to fill cups almost full. Bake in a water bath in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove from oven and add a heaping tablespoon of sour cream topping, spread evenly. Bake for 5-8 minutes more. Do not let top get brown.
- Cool cheesecake slightly and place into freezer. Let harden and pop out of the molds 30 minutes before serving.
Sour Cream Topping Directions
- Mix ingredients well and set aside.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 332/19/6/5/trace