Chocolate Espresso Hazelnut Volcano Cake
- ½ lb. dark chocolate
- ⅓ cup gluten-free flour
- ⅓ lb. butter
- 1 tsp. hazelnut extract
- 4 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup sugar
- ½ cup vanilla ice cream
- 1 tbsp. espresso coffee, ground
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place butter and chocolate together in a microwave-safe bowl. Melt in microwave in increments of 45 seconds. Stir until blended together and smooth, then set aside.
- Mix espresso grounds with gluten-free flour. Set aside.
- In a stand mixer, whip together eggs, flour mix, and sugar until fluffy. Reduce speed and incorporate the melted chocolate and butter mixture.
- Generously coat 4 oz. baking cups with cooking oil spray. Scoop half of the mixture into the cups.
- Place 1 tbsp. of nuts in the center, then scoop the remaining mixture into cups and bake for about 6 minutes. Cool to room temperature.
- To serve, place cakes in 350°F oven and reheat for about 3-4 minutes. Invert cup onto a plate to slide the cake out. Top with a small scoop of vanilla ice cream and garnish with fresh mint and a berry.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 339/28/5/25/2