Cherry Red Velvet Lava Cake
- ⅜ cup gluten-free flour, Cup4Cup brand
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. salt to taste
- ½ cup butter
- 3 oz. semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 4 tsp. red food coloring
- ⅔ cup red cherries, frozen
- 1 tbsp. sugar
- 5 servings Mascarpone Cream Cheese Frosting
Mascarpone Cream Cheese Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup Neufchâtel cheese, softened
- ½ cup mascarpone cheese, softened
- ¼ lb. butter, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- Heat oven to 350˚F. Spray foil tins with oil.
- In a small bowl, whisk the flour, cocoa, and salt to combine.
- In a medium heat safe bowl, melt the butter and chocolate in microwave in 15-second intervals until smooth.
- Stir the powdered sugar mix into the melted chocolate until well combined.
- Divide batter evenly between tins. Bake in oven with low fan for 8 minutes.
- Let cool and top with frosting.
Mascarpone Cream Cheese Frosting Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a mixing bowl and process with electric mixer until smooth.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Protein/Fat/Fiber 379/25g/8g/29g/2g