Cauliflower Potato Korma
- ⅓ cup cashews unsalted raw
- ¾ cup water
- 2 ½ tsp coriander seed
- 1 ⅔ tsp cumin seeds
- 1 small cinnamon stick
- 1 each whole cloves
- 2 cups yellow onion, peeled and medium diced
- 2 tsp canola oil
- 1 ⅓ tsp garlic clove, minced
- 2 tsp Ginger-root; fresh; minced
- 1 ⅓ tsp turmeric
- ⅔ tsp garam masala
- ¼ tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- ⅔ tsp curry powder madras
- ⅓ tsp mustard seed powder
- ⅓ tsp ginger ground
- ¼ tsp cardamom ground
- 1 ⅓ cup packed Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 ⅓ cup packed yams, peeled and cubed raw
- 2 cups cauliflower florets, medium sized
- ⅔ cup tomato, diced
- ⅔ cup vegetable stock
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 ⅔ cups garbanzo
- 1 ⅓ Tbs cilantro, chopped
- ⅔ tsp salt to taste
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 4 cups brown basmati rice, cooked
- Blend raw cashews in a blender with water, set aside.
- Toast coriander seeds, cumin seeds, cinnamon stick and clove in 350 oven for 5 to 8 minutes. let cool then grind in spice grinder.
- Sauté onion, minced garlic and ginger in canola olive oil for a minute. Add all spices. sauté for another minute.
- Add cashew water, coconut milk and vegetable stock.
- Add potatoes and bring to a boil. Add sweet potatoes and simmer for 8 to 10 minutes. Add cauliflower, cook till all is just tender.
- Add tomato and garbanzo beans and salt and pepper. cook till done.
Serves: 8 / Yield: 2 quarts / Serving Size: ⅛ of a recipe (12oz) / Moderately difficult
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 294.35/49.1g/8.27g/8.41g/7.75g
Nutrition information calculated from recipe ingredients. Percent daily values based on the Reference Daily Intake (RDI) for a 2000 calorie diet.