Carrot Apple Ginger Soup
- 2 cups carrot, chopped
- 1 qt. canned tomato juice (no salt added)
- 1 cup apple, chopped
- ½ cup yellow onion, chopped
- ¼ tsp. kosher salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ½ cup celery, rinsed and chopped
- 1 qt. water
- 2 tbsp. raw ginger root, peeled and minced
- 1 tsp. garlic, freshly minced
- In a large sauce pot, simmer all ingredients until the liquid is reduced by half.
- Blend the soup in a food processor until smooth.
- Strain off the rough solids in a sieve and discard.
- This soup can be served hot or cold. You are ready to serve if you prefer it hot. If you are planning to serve cold, place in the refrigerator to chill for 90 minutes.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 56/14/1/trace/3