Brûlée Banana Split
Banana Split Ingredients
- ½ Banana
- 1 Tbsp. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. fresh berries
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla bean ice cream
- 1 Tbsp. fruit sorbet
- 1 Tbsp. chocolate sauce
- 1 Tbsp. agave caramel sauce (recipe below)
- 1 Tbsp. raspberry-pomegranate coulis (recipe below)
Agave Caramel Sauce Ingredients
- 6 Tbsp. water
- 6 Tbsp. sugar
- 3 Tbsp. agave syrup
- ¼ cup cream
- 2 Tbsp. butter
Raspberry-Pomegranate Coulis Ingredients
- 6 Tbsp. raspberries, frozen
- 1 Tbsp. pomegranate juice
- 1 Tbsp. fructose (or sugar)
- Peel and quarter banana lengthwise; coat with brown sugar and caramelize with a torch.
- Put two banana quarters in bowl; top with vanilla bean ice cream and fruit sorbet.
- Sprinkle with fresh berries, drizzle with agave caramel, raspberry-pomegranate and chocolate sauces.
Agave Caramel Sauce Directions
- Combine water, sugar, and agave syrup. Cook to a light caramel.
- Stand back and add cream, stirring to blend.
- Stir in butter.
Raspberry-Pomegranate Coulis Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pot.
- Simmer over low medium heat until all the raspberries are broken down.
- Puree and strain.