Baby Kale Salad
- ¼ cup raw almonds, sliced
- 6 cups baby kale
- ½ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ tsp. red pepper flakes
- ¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- ¼ cup Reggiano Parmesan
- 2 tbsp. garlic clove, freshly chopped
- 1 tbsp. lemon zest, microplaned
- ¼ cup dried tart cherries
- Preheat oven to 350˚F. Spread raw almonds onto a baking sheet and bake until light brown; 4-6 minutes. Remove from oven and transfer into a small bowl to prevent overcooking. Once cooled, rough chop using a knife or by pulsing in a small food processor.
- Using a microplane, zest one lemon and reserve the zest.
- Cut the lemon in half and squeeze to juice. Combine lemon juice and freshly chopped garlic into a blender and blend on medium speed until mixed. Turn blender on high and slowly drizzle in the olive oil until smooth and thick. Ideally, this dressing will have a heavy lemon and garlic flavor. Adjust flavors to your taste using additional lemon juice and garlic.
- Place kale in a large bowl and combine with the dressing, then add almonds and dried cherries. Add a pinch of red pepper for color and a little heat. Top with Reggiano Parmesan.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 270/15/7/21/trace