- 1 ½ cup baby kale
- 1/2 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 ½ cup baby spinach
- 1/2 cup beet, roasted and sliced
- 1/2 cup arugula
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 3 tbsp. sunflower seeds
- 2 tbsp. cherry juice concentrate
- 1/2 cup fresh blueberries
Tamari Walnuts Ingredients
- 1 cup walnuts
- 1 tbsp. tamari
- 1 ½ tsp. coconut sugar
Turmeric Poppy and Chia Seed Dressing Ingredients
- 1/2 tbsp. ground turmeric
- 1/8 tsp. smoked salt
- 2 tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1/8 cup flaxseed oil
- 1/2 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Half of a medium-sized shallot
- 1/8 cup water
- 1 tsp. ground mustard
- 1/2 tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tbsp. chia seeds
- Thoroughly rinse a medium-size beet, wrap in tin foil, and roast in a 375°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Slice strawberries and avocado. Toss all salad ingredients with Turmeric Poppy and Chia Seed Dressing (recipe below).
- Sprinkle Tamari Walnuts (recipe below) and sunflower seeds over the top of the salad. Drizzle with cherry juice and sprinkle with smoked salt right before serving.
Tamari Walnuts Directions
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Toss walnuts with tamari and sugar in a small mixing bowl. Spread mixture onto an oil-sprayed sheet pan.
- Bake for five to eight minutes. Pull nuts out of the oven and stir in pan. Allow to cool. When cooled, place into a container with a lid. Use as a snack or for a salad topper.
Turmeric Poppy and Chia Seed Dressing Directions
- Blend all ingredients (except oil and seeds) until well blended.
- Add oil slowly to emulsify. Stir in seeds.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 160/16/5/10/5