Achiote Orange Chicken with Black Bean Peach Relish
- 2 lbs. boneless and skinless chicken breast
- ½ cup peaches, medium diced
- ¼ cup black beans, cooked, cooled, and drained
- 1 tbsp. cilantro, rinsed and rough chopped
- 1 batch achiote orange marinade (recipe below)
- 2 tbsp. red bell peppers, small diced
- 1 ½ tsp. raspberry vinegar
Achiote Orange Marinade Ingredients
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup orange juice
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 1 tbsp. achiote paste
- 3 tbsp. lime juice
- salt and pepper to taste
- Combine chicken and achiote orange marinade and place in the refrigerator to marinate for at least an hour, or until the chicken starts to take on the pinkish-red color of the marinade.
- To prepare relish, combine peaches, black beans, red peppers, cilantro, and raspberry vinegar in a small mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator.
- Remove chicken from marinade and discard marinade. Grill or sear chicken and cook to internal temperature of 165°F.
- Stir the relish and spoon over the top of each breast before serving.
Achiote Orange Marinade Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a blender until fully mixed together.
- Use as a marinade for poultry, pork, seafood, or beef. Note: achiote paste can be found in most Latin grocery stores.
Nutritional Key: Calories 147 / Carbs 3g / Protein 26g / Fat 3g / Fiber 1g