Drink and be Healthy
Award-Winning Chef Chad Luethje Unveils Refreshing New Cocktail Menu
Red Mountain Resort in St. George, Utah is pleased to announce its new specialty cocktail menu at the Canyon Breeze Restaurant, featuring a collection of libations created by Executive Chef Chad Luethje.
“We wanted to craft a cocktail menu that complements the active, healthy ambiance of the resort,” says Chef Luethje. “Each drink is prepared using natural ingredients like fresh mint and berries, and we replaced heavier alcohols with lighter, wine-based selections. Guests can enjoy a refreshing cocktail at the end of the day and not worry about feeling groggy the next morning.”
The menu features ten unique cocktails, including updated classics like the Sagestone Mojito and Paradise Rim Piña Colada along with bespoke options like the Strawberry Chia Seed Agua Fresca and Agave Rosemary Cool Down.
“Both the mojito and piña colada on our menu incorporate wine-based spirits instead of rum, which only have a 20% alcohol volume, which is lower than traditional rums,” says Chef Luethje. “And some of our other cocktails, like the Kayenta Cliffs Bloody Mary, are healthier than their traditional counterparts. Our Bloody Mary has 127 calories, versus 200 calories in a standard version. For the Desert Rose Margarita, we use Agave Wine instead of tequila, and that cuts the calories in half without sacrificing the flavor. ”
The new cocktail menu includes is available year-round at the Canyon Breeze Restaurant,
- Sagestone Mojito: Ron Copa Rica Rum Wine Spirits, Fresh Squeezed Lime, Fresh Mint
- Desert Rose Margarita: La Quinta Agave Wine, Triple Sec Wine Spirit, Fresh Lime, Orange Juice
- Kayenta Cliffs Bloody Mary: Petrov Reserve Vodka Wine Spirits, Fresh Squeezed Lemon, Tomato Juice, Atomic Horseradish
- Agave Rosemary Cool Down: La Quinta Agave Wine, Cucumber, Fresh Rosemary
- Paradise Rim Piña Colada: Ron Copa Rica Rum Wine Spirits, Coconut, Pineapple Juice
- Zion Breezer: Sparkling Wine, Cranberry Juice, Freshly-Squeezed Orange Juice
- Red Rock Cosmo: Petrov Reserve Vodka Wine Spirits, Cranberry Juice, Fresh Squeezed Lime
- Snow Canyon Sangria: Red Wine, Freshly Squeezed Lime and Orange Juice
- Strawberry Chia Seed Aqua Fresca: Petrov Reserve Vodka Wine Spirits, Fresh Squeezed Lime, Strawberries, Chia Seeds
- Lava Flow Cooler: Red Wine, Freshly Squeezed Lemon, Club Soda
- Peachy Keen Bellini: Prosecco, Peaches
About Red Mountain Resort
Nestled in Southwestern Utah’s red rock bluffs, Red Mountain Resort is a one-of-a-kind active destination retreat, inspiring guests to pursue health, wellness, balance and joy. With one of the country’s most breathtaking natural settings as its backdrop, the resort features a comprehensive selection of fitness classes and programs, outdoor and hiking adventures, nutritious cuisine and personal discovery seminars. The award-winning Sagestone Spa & Salon provides an array of unique spa services. Red Mountain Resort is conveniently located 30 minutes from St. George Municipal Airport and two hours from Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, allowing visitors an easy commute. For reservations and information, call toll-free at 877.246.HIKE, or visit RedMountainResort.com.