What to Pack
The atmosphere here at Red Mountain Resort is casual. We want you to be relaxed and comfortable throughout your retreat. Though we have safes in the rooms, we humbly recommend leaving expensive jewelry at home. Here are a few suggestions on what to pack:
- Outdoor clothing: removable layers work best as mornings may be cool and warm quickly during a hike. Winters are moderate, so layering of a jacket, fleece, non-cotton base, hat and gloves will suffice.
- Workout apparel
- Aerobic shoes with non-marking soles
- Hiking boots or shoes (lightweight and well-vented with traction; no sandals or anything open-toe)
- Good wool or synthetic hiking socks (avoid cotton)
- Swimsuit, swim goggles, pool shoes and cover-up
- Padded bike shorts
- Sunscreen and sun hat/visor
- Hydration pack such as CamelBak® for hiking (we will provide you with a Red Mountain sports water bottle on arrival)
- Backpack or waist-pack for hands-free hiking
- Golf clubs (rental is available at our local courses)
- Camera and film and/or battery charger
Accommodations include hair dryers, ironing boards, coffee makers, soaps and shampoos. Coin-op laundry is available. Essentials such as energy bars, toiletries, film and souvenirs are available at Red Mountain Outfitters.