- 8 oz. chicken breast, cooked
- 2 Cups garbanzo beans, cooked
- 4 garlic segments
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ Cup water
- ¼ Cup fresh cilantro, minced
- ¼ Cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ Cup pine nuts, lightly roasted
- Pinch salt
- Place garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in food processor.
- Puree till smooth (add a little water, if necessary, till reaching the consistency of peanut butter).
- Add pine nuts, cilantro and diced chicken. Mix and chill till ready to serve.
Tip: Serve very cold for optimum flavor.
Recipe Nutrient Analysis, Single Serving: Calories: 89, Net Carbs: 8g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 4g, Fiber: 2g
Red Chile Vinaigrette
- 1 ½ jalapeño
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- ½ Tbsp. chopped shallot
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup New Mexico Red Chile Purée (Mae Ploy Sweet Chile Sauce may be substituted)
- 20 fl. oz. thickened vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. toasted cumin seed
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except for olive oil.
- Blend until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Drizzle in the olive oil.
Note: Vegetable stock can be thickened by bringing it to a boil and slowly whisking in a slurry of cornstarch and cold water. Simmer the stock until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Cool before combining with other ingredients.
Butternut Squash Soup
- 2 lbs. butternut squash, baked without salt
- 2 cups onion, chopped
- 2 cups celery, diced
- 1 gal. vegetable stock
- 2 Tbsp. nutmeg, ground
- 2 Tbsp. cinnamon, ground
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 cups carrot
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- Cool butternut squash, scoop out the meat of the squash with a spoon.
- Add all ingredients to a soup pot and bring to a boil.
- May be served hot or chilled.
Cream of Mushroom and Leek Soup
- 1/2 cup pure olive oil
- 1/4 cup leeks, sliced thinly
- 4 oz. brown rice flour
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/2 lb. mushrooms
- 1 1/2 qt. vegetable stock
- 4 oz. coconut milk
- 2–3 Tbsp. Bragg’s Liquid Aminos
- White pepper
- Bring olive oil to smoke point.
- Add leeks and sauté 1 minute.
- Add mushrooms and garlic. Sauté 1 minute.
- Turn heat off. Add brown rice flour and mix well.
- Let set 10 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, stir and bring to a boil.
- Add coconut milk, liquid aminos and white pepper to taste.
Chicken Caesar Salad
- 1 head romaine lettuce, cut
- 4 oz. cooked chicken, diced
- ½ cup garlic croutons
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese
- 3/4 oz. anchovy filets
- ½ tsp. mustard
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- 2 oz. red wine vinegar
- ½ oz. lemon juice
- ¼ tsp. Tabasco sauce
- 5 oz. olive oil
- 4 oz. soft tofu
- 1/2 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Place all dressing items except olive oil in a blender and puree until smooth. Slowly add the olive oil to emulsify.
- Place salad items in large bowl. Toss with dressing until lightly coated.
- Refrigerate remaining dressing for up to 7 days.