Chia Seed Protein Blast
- 2 cups plain yogurt
- 4 tsp. Chia seeds
- 2 cups frozen raspberries
- ¼ cup whey protein powder
- 2 bananas, peeled
Scoop yogurt into the blender first for easier pureeing. Add in remaining ingredients and blend until smooth; scrape sides of the blender to make sure all powder is incorporated into the recipe.
Pour into a glass and enjoy.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 443/57g/32g/11g/13g
- 2 cups Cooked Garbanzo Beans
- 4 Garlic Segments
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ¼ cup Fresh Lemon Juice
- Pinch of Salt
Place garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in food processor.
Puree till smooth, (add a little water, if necessary, till reaching the consistency of peanut butter).
Mix and chill till ready to serve.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 230.61/23.88g/3.59g/14.71g/2.26g
Yield: about 16 oz / Servings: 8 / Serving Size: 2 oz
Tuna Salad Niçoise
- 6 cups mixed greens
- 3 roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
- 4 anchovy fillets, chopped
- 1 cup sun dried tomatoes, cut into strips
- 1 cup artichoke hearts, quartered
- ½ cup Kalamata olives, quartered
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- ¼ cup shallots, cut into strips
- 1 Tbsp. fresh herbs chopped (basil, oregano, parsley, etc.)
- juice of one lemon
- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 6 quail eggs
- 6 slices of feta cheese, sliced thin
- ¾ pounds of ahi tuna
- In a large bowl combine the mixed greens, two of the roasted peppers, anchovies, artichokes, and olives. Toss together.
- In a small sauté pan add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Heat the garlic and turn off the heat.
- Add the tomato slices and let sit 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess oil.
- In a blender combine the other 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and the rest of the roasted pepper.
- Blend till smooth. Set aside.
- Spray a non-stick pan with pan coating.
- Crack the quail eggs and be careful not to break the yolk.
- Cook sunny side up.
- Add the herbs and lemon juice to the salad mix. Keep warm.
- Slice the ahi tuna in 12 thin slices.
- To Plate: Place a slice of feta on the bottom of 6 plates. Place some salad mix on the feta. Then place a slice of ahi on top of the salad. Repeat so you have 2 layers. Place a crouton on top with the quail egg as a garnish. Spoon some of the roasted red bell pepper oil around the plate.
- 8 oz. chicken breast, cooked
- 2 Cups garbanzo beans, cooked
- 4 garlic segments
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- ¼ Cup water
- ¼ Cup fresh cilantro, minced
- ¼ Cup fresh lemon juice
- ¼ Cup pine nuts, lightly roasted
- Pinch salt
- Place garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, olive oil and lemon juice in food processor.
- Puree till smooth (add a little water, if necessary, till reaching the consistency of peanut butter).
- Add pine nuts, cilantro and diced chicken. Mix and chill till ready to serve.
Tip: Serve very cold for optimum flavor.
Recipe Nutrient Analysis, Single Serving: Calories: 89, Net Carbs: 8g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 4g, Fiber: 2g
Red Chile Vinaigrette
- 1 ½ jalapeño
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- ½ Tbsp. chopped shallot
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup New Mexico Red Chile Purée (Mae Ploy Sweet Chile Sauce may be substituted)
- 20 fl. oz. thickened vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. toasted cumin seed
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except for olive oil.
- Blend until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Drizzle in the olive oil.
Note: Vegetable stock can be thickened by bringing it to a boil and slowly whisking in a slurry of cornstarch and cold water. Simmer the stock until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Cool before combining with other ingredients.