Red Chile Vinaigrette
- 1 ½ jalapeño
- 1 tsp. chopped garlic
- ½ Tbsp. chopped shallot
- ½ cup cilantro
- 1 cup rice vinegar
- ½ cup New Mexico Red Chile Purée (Mae Ploy Sweet Chile Sauce may be substituted)
- 20 fl. oz. thickened vegetable stock
- 1 Tbsp. toasted cumin seed
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- Combine all ingredients except for olive oil.
- Blend until all ingredients are completely incorporated.
- Drizzle in the olive oil.
Note: Vegetable stock can be thickened by bringing it to a boil and slowly whisking in a slurry of cornstarch and cold water. Simmer the stock until it is thick enough to coat the back of a spoon. Cool before combining with other ingredients.