We are certain this will become your holiday tradition.
- 3/4 cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Sugar
- 3/4 Cup Molasses
- 2 tbsp Ginger Juice
- 3 Cups Flour
- 1 Tsp Sale
- 2 Tsp Ground Cinnamon
- 1/2 Tsp Ground Allspice
- 1/4 Cup Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1 Tbsp peeled & minced Ginger Root
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Tbsp Baking Soda
- 1 1/2 Tbsp Ground Ginger
- 1/4 Tsp Ground Clove
- 1 Cup Very hot water
- Top with Cinnamon Spiced Whipped Cream
- Lightly butter a 9 X 13 X 2" cake pan and line the bottom with a piece of parchment or wax paper. Preheat oven to 325F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the oils, sugar, molasses and minced ginger. Peel and finely grate a 2" to 3" piece of ginger root. Squeeze 2 Tbsp. of the juice from grated ginger and add to the bowl. Add the eggs and whisk until smooth.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the flour, spices, salt and baking soda. Whisk the molasses mixture into the flour mixture until evenly combined.
- In a small saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Remove from the heat. Whisk the hot water into the batter until just combined. Transfer the batter into the prepared pan. Bake the cake in the center of the oven, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 30 -45 minutes. Cool the cake in the pan on a rack. Cut into squares and serve with a cinnamon spiced whipped cream or ice cream.
Nutrition Information per serving:
Calories = 252; Fat 3 grams; Carbohydrates 12 grams; Protein 1.5 grams.
¾ Cup Ca
Raw Chocolate Avocado Mousse
Raw, Gluten Free, Vegan & Anti-inflammatory Diet friendly dessert that will wow your guests and meet all of their dietary choices.
- 1 cup avocado, seeded & peeled.
- 2 1/2 tsbp. cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup water.
- 1 1/2 tbsp. agave syrup
- 1/8 tsp. kosher salt
Add all ingredients into a high power blender. Start blending on low speed and then increase to high speed.
Blend until smooth. Add water if needed.
78 calories per serving.
3 grams fat.
12 grams carbohydrate.
1.5 grams protien.
Brûlée Banana Split
Banana Split Ingredients
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. fresh berries
1 Tbsp. vanilla bean ice cream
1 Tbsp. fruit sorbet
1 Tbsp. chocolate sauce
1 Tbsp. agave caramel sauce (recipe below)
1 Tbsp. raspberry-pomegranate coulis (recipe below)
Banana Split Directions
- Peel and quarter banana lengthwise; coat with brown sugar and caramelize with a torch.
- Put two banana quarters in bowl; top with vanilla bean ice cream and fruit sorbet.
- Sprinkle with fresh berries, drizzle with agave caramel, raspberry-pomegranate and chocolate sauces.
Agave Caramel Sauce Ingredients
6 Tbsp. water
6 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. agave syrup
¼ cup cream
2 Tbsp. butter
Agave Caramel Sauce Directions
- Combine water, sugar, and agave syrup. Cook to a light caramel.
- Stand back and add cream, stirring to blend.
- Stir in butter.
Raspberry-Pomegranate Coulis Ingredients
6 Tbsp. raspberries, frozen
1 Tbsp. pomegranate juice
1 Tbsp. fructose (or sugar)
Raspberry-Pomegranate Coulis Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pot.
- Simmer over low medium heat until all the raspberries are broken down.
- Puree and strain.
Deconstructed Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
8 oz. low fat cream cheese
7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
4 Tbsp. thawed blueberries
4 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
1. Blend cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
2. Refrigerate until set.
3. Once cheesecake mixture is set, divide into four portions onto plates.
2. Sprinkle each portion with 1 Tbsp. thawed blueberries and 1 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 ¾ Tbsp. butter, softened
4 ¾ Tbsp. packed brown sugar
2 ½ Tbsp. sugar
2 ¼ oz. pumpkin, solid pack
½ Tbsp. egg, beaten
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
5 oz. wheat flour, all-purpose
2 ½ oz. oats, quick-cooking
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. cinnamon, ground
1/8 tsp. salt
5 Tbsp. chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by slightly heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10–12 minutes until lightly browned.
Almond Milk Cake
3 egg whites
7 oz. almond paste
12 egg yolks
12 egg whites
10 oz. sugar, granulated
1 tsp. vanilla extract
7 oz. cake flour 6 cups skim milk
1 ½ cup honey
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup sugar, granulated
2 cups lowfat (neufchatel) cream cheese
¾ tbsp. toasted crushed almond slivers
- Gradually mix the 3 egg whites into the almond paste to soften it.
- Whip the 12 egg yolks with 3 oz. sugar to ribbon stage. Add the vanilla extract and slowly add this to the almond paste.
- Whip the 12 egg whites to soft peaks with remaining 7 oz. sugar and carefully fold into yolk mixture. Then fold in the cake flour.
- Immediately spread the batter on a paper-lined sheet pan (do not use any spray oil). Bake at 350 degrees F for 10–12 minutes until done. Allow to cool. Cut cake into three equal sheets.
- Heat the milk and honey with the vanilla extract to a low simmer.
- Assemble the layers by spreading lightly with a low-fat cream cheese and sugar mix.
- With a bamboo skewer or toothpick, poke holes in the sheet cake. Pour the milk mixture over the cake and refrigerate until cold.
- Cut rectangular shaped pieces about 2 X 3 inches and sprinkle with lightly toasted, crushed almond slivers.
Page 1 of 2«StartPrev12NextEnd»