Almond Milk Cake
3 egg whites
7 oz. almond paste
12 egg yolks
12 egg whites
10 oz. sugar, granulated
1 tsp. vanilla extract
7 oz. cake flour 6 cups skim milk
1 ½ cup honey
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup sugar, granulated
2 cups lowfat (neufchatel) cream cheese
¾ tbsp. toasted crushed almond slivers
- Gradually mix the 3 egg whites into the almond paste to soften it.
- Whip the 12 egg yolks with 3 oz. sugar to ribbon stage. Add the vanilla extract and slowly add this to the almond paste.
- Whip the 12 egg whites to soft peaks with remaining 7 oz. sugar and carefully fold into yolk mixture. Then fold in the cake flour.
- Immediately spread the batter on a paper-lined sheet pan (do not use any spray oil). Bake at 350 degrees F for 10–12 minutes until done. Allow to cool. Cut cake into three equal sheets.
- Heat the milk and honey with the vanilla extract to a low simmer.
- Assemble the layers by spreading lightly with a low-fat cream cheese and sugar mix.
- With a bamboo skewer or toothpick, poke holes in the sheet cake. Pour the milk mixture over the cake and refrigerate until cold.
- Cut rectangular shaped pieces about 2 X 3 inches and sprinkle with lightly toasted, crushed almond slivers.
Char Grilled Wild Salmon with Apple Avocado Pico De Gallo
on Sweet Warmed Cole Slaw with Lime Citronette
4 pieces 4 oz. salmon
1 cup cole slaw (recipe below)
1/4 cup apple avocado pico de gallo (recipe below)
Lime citronette (recipe below)
- Char grill salmon.
- Place on 1 cup warmed slaw.
- Top with ¼ cup apple avocado pico de gallo.
- Drizzled with 2 Tbsp. lime citronette.
Sweet Warmed Cole Slaw Ingredients:
3 cup shredded green cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. agave
- Mix apple cider vinegar and agave well.
- Mix with cabbage and carrot.
- Heat to order in sauté pan.
Apple Avocado Pico De Gallo Ingredients:
½ cup apples, diced small
½ cup avocados, diced small
¼ cup red bell pepper, diced small
1 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. chopped mint
Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate.
Lime Citronette Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. lime juice
¼ cup fresh spinach
1 tsp. agave
¼ cup canola oil
2 Tbsp. pure olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Puree first three items.
- Slowly add oils to emulsify.
Spicy Fruit Salad(Serves 4)
1 cup cantaloupe, diced 1"
1 cup honeydew, diced 1"
1 cup watermelon, diced 1"
1 cup pineapple, diced 1"
1 tbs. agave syrup
1/2 Tbsp. chipotle, minced
1/2 oz. lime juice
1 Tbsp. cilantro, minced
- Mix fruit in large mixing bowl.
- Mix agave, chipotle, lime juice, salt and cilantro.
- Pour sauce on fruit and toss.
Sonoran Spice Char-Grilled Pork Loin with Roasted Garlic-Shallot Aioli served with Yukon Gold Potato Hash
Pork Chop Ingredients
1 lb boneless pork loin cut into 4 oz. chops
¼ cup diced poblano peppers
¼ cup diced red bell pepper
¼ cup diced onions
- Coat 4 oz. pork chop with ½ Tbsp. Sonoran spice rub (recipe below), cook on char grill to medium.
- Sauté potato hash (recipe below) until hot, place cooked pork on potato hash.
- Sauté ¼ cup diced poblano peppers, ¼ cup diced red bell pepper and ¼ cup diced onions, place ¼ of mixture on each serving top with 1 Tbsp of aioli (recipe below).
Sonoran Spice Rub Ingredients
1 Tbsp. salt (kosher)
2 tsp. dark chili powder
2 tsp. whole cumin seed
2 Tbsp. dried chamomile flowers
1 Tbsp. black peppercorns
1 ½ Tbsp. paprika
¼ cup onion powder
2 Tbsp. granulated garlic
5 whole pods star anise
1 Tbsp. fructose crystals
Spice Rub Directions
- In Teflon pans separately toast cumin and chili powder until color just changes. Remove from pan immediately.
- Grind pepper, chamomile, cumin and anise in spice grinder until completely ground.
- Combine with rest of ingredients in bowl and mix well. Store in airtight container.
Yukon Gold Potato Hash Ingredients
2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, diced ½”
2 Tbsp. pure olive oil
¼ cup red onion, diced ¼”
¼ cup green bell pepper, diced ¼”
- Toss diced potatoes with olive oil.
- Roast until done, cool.
- Sauté diced onion and bell pepper until soft.
- Combine cooled cooked potatoes with onion and bell peppers.
Roasted Garlic-Shallot Aioli Ingredients
1 large peeled and roasted shallots
2 large cloves roasted garlic
1 Tbsp. white wine
1 cups mayonnaise
- Put first three items in food processor and puree well.
- Add mayonnaise and puree
- Add salt to taste.
Glazed Lemon Pound Cake with Blueberries
1 ¼ cup all purpose flour
¾ cup fructose
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
1/8 tsp salt
¼ cup orange juice
1/8 cup lemon juice
1/3 cup canola oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
½ tsp lemon zest
½ cup frozen blueberries
1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Spray baking pan (3” x 4 ½” x 8”) with pan spray.
3. Combine flour, fructose, baking powder, soda and salt.
4. Mix together orange juice, lemon juice, canola oil, vanilla, lemon zest and eggs.
5. Incorporate wet items into dry items.
6. Add frozen blueberries.
4. Place batter into baking pan.
5. Bake 50-55 minutes.
½ cup powdered sugar
1/8 cup lemon juice
1 tsp melted butter
1. Combine powdered sugar, lemon juice and melted butter.
2. Brush cake with powdered sugar lemon juice glaze.
Glazed Beef Tips with Forest Mushrooms and Shallots on Sweet Potato Hash
1 lb. beef shoulder tips
8 oz. shitake mushrooms, sliced ¼"
1 Tbsp. minced shallots
Glaze (recipe below)
Sweet potato hash (recipe below)
- Sauté beef tips.
- Add shitake mushrooms.
- Add shallots.
- Add glaze.
- Serve with sweet potato hash.
1 cup water
1 ½ tsp. Bragg's Liquid Aminos (to taste)
1 ½ tsp. corn starch
- Bring water and Bragg’s to a boil.
- Mix corn starch with ½ tsp. cold water and add to boiling stock.
Sweet Potato Hash Ingredients:
1 ½ pounds sweet potatoes
Sweet Potato Hash Directions:
- Peel sweet potatos and dice ½".
- Spray with olive oil, toss and bake until just done.