Brûlée Banana Split
Banana Split Ingredients
1 Tbsp. brown sugar
1 Tbsp. fresh berries
1 Tbsp. vanilla bean ice cream
1 Tbsp. fruit sorbet
1 Tbsp. chocolate sauce
1 Tbsp. agave caramel sauce (recipe below)
1 Tbsp. raspberry-pomegranate coulis (recipe below)
Banana Split Directions
- Peel and quarter banana lengthwise; coat with brown sugar and caramelize with a torch.
- Put two banana quarters in bowl; top with vanilla bean ice cream and fruit sorbet.
- Sprinkle with fresh berries, drizzle with agave caramel, raspberry-pomegranate and chocolate sauces.
Agave Caramel Sauce Ingredients
6 Tbsp. water
6 Tbsp. sugar
3 Tbsp. agave syrup
¼ cup cream
2 Tbsp. butter
Agave Caramel Sauce Directions
- Combine water, sugar, and agave syrup. Cook to a light caramel.
- Stand back and add cream, stirring to blend.
- Stir in butter.
Raspberry-Pomegranate Coulis Ingredients
6 Tbsp. raspberries, frozen
1 Tbsp. pomegranate juice
1 Tbsp. fructose (or sugar)
Raspberry-Pomegranate Coulis Directions
- Combine all ingredients in a small sauce pot.
- Simmer over low medium heat until all the raspberries are broken down.
- Puree and strain.
Jerk Seasoned Roasted Quail with Agave Pomegranate Glaze
4 Quail, semi-boneless (4 oz. each)
4 Tbsp. goat cheese (1 oz. per serving)
Jerk seasoning (recipe below)
Pomegranate reduction (recipe below)
Basmati wild rice pilaf (recipe below)
- Stuff quail with 1 oz. goat cheese.
- Dredge stuffed quail in jerk seasoning.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes or until done.
- Top each cooked quail with 1 Tbsp. Pomegranate reduction.
- Serve with ½ cup Basmati wild rice pilaf.
Jerk Seasoning Ingredients:
1 Tbsp. onion powder
1 ½ tsp. dried thyme
1 ½ tsp. ground allspice
2 tsp. salt
3 tsp. fructose (can substitute sugar)
1 tsp. black pepper
1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1 ½ tsp. granulated garlic
¼ tsp. ground nutmeg
¼ tsp. ground cinnamon Seasoning
- Mix all ingredients well.
Pomegranate Reduction Ingredients:
1 cup pomegranate juice
1 Tbsp. agave syrup
- Reduce pomegranate juice to 1/4 cup (be sure it has a syrup consistency).
- Add agave syrup and stir.
Basmati Wild Rice Pilaf Ingredients
1 Tbsp. pure olive oil
2 Tbsp. diced yellow onions
2 Tbsp. diced carrots
2 Tbsp. diced celery
1 cup basmati white rice
1 tsp. tarragon
½ tsp. allspice
½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. black pepper, fresh ground
2 cups chicken stock
¼ cup cooked wild rice
- Bring pure olive oil to smoke point.
- Add diced yellow onions, carrots and celery. Sauté until onion starts to turn clear.
- Add basmati white rice, stir and sauté on medium heat for 5 minutes
- Stir in tarragon, allspice, salt and pepper.
- Add chicken stock.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce to simmer, cover and cook until done.
- Mix in cooked wild rice.
Deconstructed Blueberry Cheesecake Recipe
8 oz. low fat cream cheese
7 oz. sweetened condensed milk
3 Tbsp. lemon juice
4 Tbsp. thawed blueberries
4 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs
1. Blend cream cheese, sweetened condensed milk and lemon juice until smooth and creamy.
2. Refrigerate until set.
3. Once cheesecake mixture is set, divide into four portions onto plates.
2. Sprinkle each portion with 1 Tbsp. thawed blueberries and 1 Tbsp. graham cracker crumbs.Add a comment
Prickly Pear BBQ Pork Loin topped with Leek Straws on Smoky Cheddar Cheese Polenta Wedge
4 Pork loin chops (4 oz. each)
Prickly pear BBQ sauce (recipe below)
Polenta wedge (recipe below)
Leek straws (recipe below)
- Lightly coat pork loin chops in prickly pear BBQ sauce and grill.
- Heat polenta wedge on chargrill until hot.
- Place polenta on plate and lean pork cutlet up against it.
- Drizzle 2 Tbsp. BBQ sauce across plate and serve
- Top with a pinch of leek straws and serve.
Prickly Pear BBQ Sauce:
½ cup ketchup
2 Tbsp. prickly pear syrup
1 ½ Tbsp. agave syrup
2 tsp. molasses
1 tsp. cajun spice
½ tsp. liquid smoke
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
BBQ Sauce Directions:
Mix all ingredients well.
Smokey Cheddar Polenta Wedge:
1 ½ cup water
½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. liquid smoke
½ cup polenta cornmeal
1 ½ oz. shredded cheddar cheese
- In heavy bottomed sauce pot bring water, salt and liquid smoke to a boil.
- Add polenta and reduce heat to low.
- Cook 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat, add cheese and stir until melted.
- Pour into 4” x 8” loaf pan lined with plastic wrap. Top with plastic wrap and press firmly to form.
- Let cool thoroughly.
- Slice into 4 portions and grill.
1 leek (use first 3 ½ inches - the white part)
1 cup canola oil
Leek Straw Directions:
- Slice leek in half length wise.
- Rinse and dry well with paper towels.
- Slice into strips as thin as you can slice them — or thinner! (Make sure they are separated from each other.)
- Heat 1 cup canola oil in heavy bottomed sauce pot to 350 degrees (use a thermometer to measure — this is very important!)
- Sprinkle leek straws into hot oil and cook until light golden brown in color.
- Remove all of them with small strainer and set on paper towels to drain.
Quinoa with Vegetables & Feta
1 cup black quinoa (uncooked)
2 cup vegetable stock
½ tsp. salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1/8 tsp. cinnamon
1/8 tsp. coriander
1/8 tsp. cumin
- Place all items in 1 quart sauce pan, bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, cover and cook 20 minutes.
- Let sit covered 10 minutes.
Vegetables & Feta Ingredients:
2 tsp. pure olive oil
1 ½ cup garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed well
½ cup asparagus, cut
½ cup leeks, sliced ¼ inch
½ cup roasted red bell peppers
½ cup roasted yellow bell peppers, diced ½ inch
½ cup vegetable stock
3 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
Vegetables & Feta Directions:
- Heat olive oil to the smoke point.
- Add garbanzo beans, asparagus and leeks, saute until asparagus softens.
- Add red and yellow bell peppers with vegetable stock and heat well.
- Add feta cheese, toss and serve over hot quinoa.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
1 ¾ Tbsp. butter, softened
4 ¾ Tbsp. packed brown sugar
2 ½ Tbsp. sugar
2 ¼ oz. pumpkin, solid pack
½ Tbsp. egg, beaten
1/8 tsp. vanilla extract
5 oz. wheat flour, all-purpose
2 ½ oz. oats, quick-cooking
¼ tsp. baking soda
¼ tsp. cinnamon, ground
1/8 tsp. salt
5 Tbsp. chocolate chips, semi-sweet
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and sugars.
- Beat in the pumpkin, egg and vanilla.
- Combine the flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Stir in chocolate chips.
- Drop by slightly heaping tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 10–12 minutes until lightly browned.
Almond Milk Cake
3 egg whites
7 oz. almond paste
12 egg yolks
12 egg whites
10 oz. sugar, granulated
1 tsp. vanilla extract
7 oz. cake flour 6 cups skim milk
1 ½ cup honey
½ tsp. vanilla extract
¾ cup sugar, granulated
2 cups lowfat (neufchatel) cream cheese
¾ tbsp. toasted crushed almond slivers
- Gradually mix the 3 egg whites into the almond paste to soften it.
- Whip the 12 egg yolks with 3 oz. sugar to ribbon stage. Add the vanilla extract and slowly add this to the almond paste.
- Whip the 12 egg whites to soft peaks with remaining 7 oz. sugar and carefully fold into yolk mixture. Then fold in the cake flour.
- Immediately spread the batter on a paper-lined sheet pan (do not use any spray oil). Bake at 350 degrees F for 10–12 minutes until done. Allow to cool. Cut cake into three equal sheets.
- Heat the milk and honey with the vanilla extract to a low simmer.
- Assemble the layers by spreading lightly with a low-fat cream cheese and sugar mix.
- With a bamboo skewer or toothpick, poke holes in the sheet cake. Pour the milk mixture over the cake and refrigerate until cold.
- Cut rectangular shaped pieces about 2 X 3 inches and sprinkle with lightly toasted, crushed almond slivers.
Char Grilled Wild Salmon with Apple Avocado Pico De Gallo
on Sweet Warmed Cole Slaw with Lime Citronette
4 pieces 4 oz. salmon
1 cup cole slaw (recipe below)
1/4 cup apple avocado pico de gallo (recipe below)
Lime citronette (recipe below)
- Char grill salmon.
- Place on 1 cup warmed slaw.
- Top with ¼ cup apple avocado pico de gallo.
- Drizzled with 2 Tbsp. lime citronette.
Sweet Warmed Cole Slaw Ingredients:
3 cup shredded green cabbage
1/2 cup shredded carrot
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. agave
- Mix apple cider vinegar and agave well.
- Mix with cabbage and carrot.
- Heat to order in sauté pan.
Apple Avocado Pico De Gallo Ingredients:
½ cup apples, diced small
½ cup avocados, diced small
¼ cup red bell pepper, diced small
1 tsp. lime juice
1 tsp. chopped mint
Mix all ingredients well and refrigerate.
Lime Citronette Ingredients:
2 Tbsp. lime juice
¼ cup fresh spinach
1 tsp. agave
¼ cup canola oil
2 Tbsp. pure olive oil
Salt & pepper to taste
- Puree first three items.
- Slowly add oils to emulsify.
Page 4 of 5«StartPrev12345NextEnd»