Grilled Eggplant Rolls
Ingredients for Grilled Eggplant Rolls:
2 large Eggplants, peeled & sliced 1/2" thick lengthwise
2 medium Red bell peppers, julienne
1 medium Red onion, julienne
1 Cup Carrots, julienne
1/2 Cup Portabello mushrooms, julienne
1 tsp. Garlic, minced
8 oz. Fresh spinach
2 Cup Marinara sauce
6 oz. Mozzarella cheese substitute (such as soy kaas)
To taste Salt & pepper
Directions for prep:
- Lightly spray eggplant with olive oil. Place on hot broiler until eggplant is soft enough to roll without tearing.
- Sauté the mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic until just tender.
- Add spinach. Take off heat and place in mixing bowl.
- Toss in 2 to 3 tablespoons of pasta sauce and shredded soy cheese.
- Place some of mixture on each eggplant slice and roll.
Directions for cooking:
- Place eggplant rolls in lightly oiled sauté pan. Top with marinara sauce and small amount of shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven until hot through.
Recipe nutrient analysis, single serving
Net carbs: 18g
Fire Grilled Beef Sirloin Oscar
Ingredients for Beef:
1 lb. beef sirloin, 4 ounces per portion
4 tsp. blue crab meat, backfin
½ cup mock hollandaise (see recipe below)
16 each asparagus spears, index finger length
2 tsp. lemon zest
1 cup mashed potatoes
To taste salt & pepper
2 tsp. olive oil
Ingredients for Mock Hollandaise:
4 oz. soft tofu
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Pinch crumbled saffron
Pinch kosher salt
1 large egg yolk
To taste butter flavor (liquid)
- Cream egg yolk in small mixing bowl over a double boiler (sauce pot filled with steaming water).
- Place tofu, lemon juice, saffron, salt, Tabasco and butter flavor into a food processor and puree until smooth. Serve warm.
- Pre-heat grill on high heat. Lightly season sirloin on both sides with salt & pepper; coat lightly with olive oil.
- Toss asparagus spears in olive oil and lemon zest, coating lightly.
- Grill sirloin steaks to desired doneness and lightly grill asparagus spears until they begin to soften slightly.
- Crisscross asparagus spears on top of the mashed potatoes, then place beef on top of the asparagus, top with crabmeat and ladle hollandaise sauce over the top. Garnish with a pinch of fresh lemon zest.
Recipe Nutrient Analysis (per serving):
Trout Baked in Yellow Corn Husks
2 Idaho trout filets (8 oz. each)
8 tsp. fresh herb rub (recipe below)
8 slices lemon
8 slices roma tomato
4 sprigs fresh thyme
4 squeezes fresh lemon juice
Dash kosher salt
8 corn husks
- Soak the corn husks in water to hydrate.
- Cut each 8 oz. trout filet in half making four 4-ounce servings.
- Squeeze a small amount of lemon juice onto the trout; add a small sprinkle of salt over each serving.
- Brush the trout with the herb rub.
- Top the trout with alternating slices of lemon and tomato; top each serving with a sprig of thyme.
- Carefully flip the trout over onto the corn husks so that the tomato/lemon/thyme are lying on the husk.
- Fold the husk over so that the trout is completely sealed inside; cover with a damp towel and reserve for service.
- To finish, bake for 6-7 minutes in a 400° oven.
Herb Rub Ingredients:
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup fresh oregano, chopped
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ cup fresh rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp. mustard seed
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
4 Tbsp. olive oil
Herb Rub Directions:
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together.
Chilled Watermelon Cilantro Soup
6 ½ Cup Seedless watermelon, peeled
1 ¼ Cup Unsweetened apple juice
¼ Cup Fresh cilantro, minced
½ Cup Coconut milk
1 tsp. Agave syrup
2 tsp. Cornstarch
- Bring 1 Cup apple juice to a rolling boil.
- Add corn starch to ¼ C cold apple juice till smooth and creamy (no lumps).
- Whisk in corn starch slurry to boiling apple juice (apple juice will become very thick).
- Chill to below 40 degrees.
- Purée watermelon, pour into strainer and use a rubber spatula to press the pulp through (discard small seeds that will be left).
- Place all ingredients in blender and mix well.
Hint: fine mince 1 fresh seeded jalapeno, sprinkle on top of soup for garnish.
Recipe Nutrient Analysis, Single Serving:
Chocolate- Chile Pumpkin Seed Pesto
½ Cup Pumpkin seeds
4–5 cloves fresh garlic
1 tsp. Paprika
2 tsp. Chile powder
2 tsp. Cocoa powder
1 tsp. Coriander
2 tsp. Chopped cilantro
1 ½ tsp. Agave
Olive oil (enough to reach the consistency you desire)
Salt to taste
Mix well in a food processor until reaches desired consistency.
Add a comment
16 each Jumbo Shrimp
1 cup Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced small
2 tsp Garlic, minced
2 tsp Shallots, minced
4 tsp Cilantro, chopped
- Bring Pure Olive Oil to smoke point
- Add Shrimp. Sauté 2 minutes and turn.
- Add Diced Tomatoes. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add Minced Garlic and Shallots. Sweat 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup Seasoned White Wine (recipe below). Reduce until thickened
- Place Millet Polenta Cake on plate (recipe below). Point side towards middle of plate.
- Arrange Shrimp layered and tail up.
- Pour Sauce on Shrimp.
Seasoned White Wine Ingredients:
1 cup White Wine
2 T Paprika
2 tsp Chile Powder
2 tsp Chipotle with Adobo, chopped
3/4 tsp Salt
Place ingredients in blender and blend well.
Millet Polenta Cake Ingredients:
3 T Cooked Millet (1 ½ T Millet, 3 T Boiling Water)
3 T Yellow Onion, diced
1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
2 oz Polenta Cornmeal
6 oz Water
1 1/2 T Smoked Gouda, ¼ Inch Diced
- Pour Boiling Water on Millet. Let set until cooled (pour off excess water).
- Bring Water, Onions, Garlic and Salt to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Wisk in Polenta (make sure it does not lump).
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add Gouda. Mix until dissolved.
- Add Cooked Millet.
- Spread on silpat in 1/2" thick rectangle and cool.
- Cut rectangle in half.
- Cut squares diagonally into triangles (sauté or place on grill to lightly char).
Sparkling Melon Gazpacho
1 Melon Cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and chopped
1 Melon Honeydew Melon, peeled, seeded and chopped
¼ Cup Perrier or Other Sparkling Water
1 Tbsp. Fresh Mint, minced
¼ Cup Fresh Pineapple, minced (optional garnish)
¼ Cup Fresh Strawberries, minced (optional garnish)
¼ Cup Red Grapes, whole (optional garnish)
¼ Cup Fresh Blueberries (optional garnish)
- Chop melons into large chunks. Place in blender with mint and sparkling water.
- Puree until smooth.
- Add minced and whole fruit.
- Chill and serve.
Tip: For a fancier presentation, puree each melon separately with half of the sparkling water and mint. Place in two separate containers. After chilling, pour both colors into a frozen martini glass at the same time for two separate colors. Garnish with fresh mint and sorbet.
Recipe Nutrient Analysis, Single Serving: 50 calories, 13g carbohydrate, trace protein, 0g fat, 0g saturated fat, 0mg cholesterol, 25mg sodium, 1g fiber
Add a comment
Curried Chicken Salad
(Serves 6, ½ Cup servings)
1 pound Diced Chicken Meat
¼ Cup Diced Celery
¼ Cup Diced Red Onions
2 Tbsp. Toasted Coconut
½ Cup Pineapple (optional)
(Makes ½ Cup)
¼ Cup Lite Mayonnaise
¼ Cup Plain Yogurt
1 ½ tsp. Yellow Curry Powder
1 tsp. Table Grind Black Pepper
1 tsp. Fructose (equal amount sugar can be used)
¼ tsp. Kosher Salt
- Add all dressing ingredients and let set for at least one hour.
- Mix with chicken, celery, onions and coconut.
Page 3 of 6«StartPrev123456NextEnd»