Sea Bass with Smoky Romesco Sauce and Parsnip Puree
1 lb. sea bass, raw and skinned
4 servings parsnip puree - recipe below
4 servings romesco sauce - recipe below
1 lb spinach
1 lb parsnips, peeled and cut into large pieces
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1/8 tsp kosher salt
Directions for Parsnip Puree
1. peel & rough chop parsnips add to pot of cold water and bring to a boil; reduce heat to low and cook until completely tender, about 30-40 minutes
2. strain parsnips and place un food processor; add oil, salt 7 pepper and process on high speed until smooth
Smoky Romesco Sauce
2 cups red bell peppers, roasted peeled and seeded (about 3 medium peppers)
1 3/4 cups Tomato, roasted peeled and quartered (2 averaged sized tomatoes)
1/4 cup sliced raw almonds
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
1/2 teaspoon smoked Spanish paprika
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes or chipotle powder
1 teaspoon garlic cloves, chopped
Directions for Smoky Romesco Sauce
1. spray tomatoes lightly with pan coating spray; core and then score top of tomatoes wtih a shallow x; place on sheetpan and roast in oven until skin starts to wrinkle, about 6-7 minutes.
2. to oven roast peppers: preheat oven to 425° F; lightly coat peppers with olive or canola oil, or a cooking spray like PAM; place whole peppers on a baking sheet and bake until the skin splits and the peppers begin to wrinkle, about 12-14 minutes
3. carefully transfer peppers to a paper or plastic ziploc bag, seal and allow to cool for about 15 minutes. Remove from bag, peel, seed and core.
4. combine all ingredients in blender or food processor and blend until smooth, about 30 seconds. Make sure to cover the blender tightly and start blending on low speed, gradually increasing speed as needed
5. pour into heavy bottomed saucepot and simmer for 10-12 minutes over low medium heat, stirring occasionally.
6. adjust seasoning as desired. remove from heat and serve.
Servings: 8 Yield: 2 cups
Total Servings of Sea Bass: 4
Yield: 1 1/4 cups
Nutrition information: Serving size = 1/4 of recipe (13.1 ounces)
261 Calories/7g fat/26g carbs/26g protein/8g fiber