Pan-seared Diver Scallops with Garlic and White Wine on Nested Saffron Rice Noodles
1 lb. diver scallops
1 tsp. olive oil
½ tsp. garlic, minced
2 oz. white wine
Directions for Diver Scallops:
- Spray olive oil into sauté pan and bring oil to smoke point.
- Add scallops, sear and turn.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add white wine and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat ½ tsp olive oil in sauté pan. Add rice noodles with a pinch of salt.
- When scallops are done, place on ½ cup of saffron rice noodles (recipe below).
Saffron Scented Rice Noodles Ingredients:
1 pack rice noodles
½ tsp. crushed saffron
- Add crushed saffron to 2 qt. water and bring to a boil.
- Add rice noodles and cook until just done.
- Rinse noodles with cold water to remove starch and stop cooking process.