Trout Baked in Yellow Corn Husks
2 Idaho trout filets (8 oz. each)
8 tsp. fresh herb rub (recipe below)
8 slices lemon
8 slices roma tomato
4 sprigs fresh thyme
4 squeezes fresh lemon juice
Dash kosher salt
8 corn husks
- Soak the corn husks in water to hydrate.
- Cut each 8 oz. trout filet in half making four 4-ounce servings.
- Squeeze a small amount of lemon juice onto the trout; add a small sprinkle of salt over each serving.
- Brush the trout with the herb rub.
- Top the trout with alternating slices of lemon and tomato; top each serving with a sprig of thyme.
- Carefully flip the trout over onto the corn husks so that the tomato/lemon/thyme are lying on the husk.
- Fold the husk over so that the trout is completely sealed inside; cover with a damp towel and reserve for service.
- To finish, bake for 6-7 minutes in a 400° oven.
Herb Rub Ingredients:
½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
½ cup fresh oregano, chopped
½ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
¼ cup fresh rosemary, chopped
1 Tbsp. mustard seed
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
4 Tbsp. olive oil
Herb Rub Directions:
- Mix the dry ingredients.
- Mix the wet ingredients.
- Mix the dry ingredients and wet ingredients together.