Grilled Eggplant Rolls
Ingredients for Grilled Eggplant Rolls:
2 large Eggplants, peeled & sliced 1/2" thick lengthwise
2 medium Red bell peppers, julienne
1 medium Red onion, julienne
1 Cup Carrots, julienne
1/2 Cup Portabello mushrooms, julienne
1 tsp. Garlic, minced
8 oz. Fresh spinach
2 Cup Marinara sauce
6 oz. Mozzarella cheese substitute (such as soy kaas)
To taste Salt & pepper
Directions for prep:
- Lightly spray eggplant with olive oil. Place on hot broiler until eggplant is soft enough to roll without tearing.
- Sauté the mushrooms, bell peppers, onions, carrots, celery, and garlic until just tender.
- Add spinach. Take off heat and place in mixing bowl.
- Toss in 2 to 3 tablespoons of pasta sauce and shredded soy cheese.
- Place some of mixture on each eggplant slice and roll.
Directions for cooking:
- Place eggplant rolls in lightly oiled sauté pan. Top with marinara sauce and small amount of shredded cheese.
- Bake in oven until hot through.
Recipe nutrient analysis, single serving
Net carbs: 18g