Tuna Salad Niçoise
6 cups mixed greens
3 roasted red bell peppers, cut into strips
4 anchovy fillets, chopped
1 cup sun dried tomatoes, cut into strips
1 cup artichoke hearts, quartered
½ cup Kalamata olives, quartered
2 tsp. minced garlic
¼ cup shallots, cut into strips
1 Tbsp. fresh herbs chopped (basil, oregano, parsley, etc.)
juice of one lemon
3 Tbsp. olive oil
6 quail eggs
6 slices of feta cheese, sliced thin
¾ pounds of ahi tuna
- In a large bowl combine the mixed greens, two of the roasted peppers, anchovies, artichokes, and olives. Toss together.
- In a small sauté pan add 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil.
- Heat the garlic and turn off the heat.
- Add the tomato slices and let sit 10 minutes.
- Drain any excess oil.
- In a blender combine the other 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil and the rest of the roasted pepper.
- Blend till smooth. Set aside.
- Spray a non-stick pan with pan coating.
- Crack the quail eggs and be careful not to break the yolk.
- Cook sunny side up.
- Add the herbs and lemon juice to the salad mix. Keep warm.
- Slice the ahi tuna in 12 thin slices.
- To Plate: Place a slice of feta on the bottom of 6 plates. Place some salad mix on the feta. Then place a slice of ahi on top of the salad. Repeat so you have 2 layers. Place a crouton on top with the quail egg as a garnish. Spoon some of the roasted red bell pepper oil around the plate.