Spinach Salad with Roasted Beet, Chevre Goat Cheese, Orange, Grapefruit & Candied Sahaurita Pecans
- 1 quart Spinach
- 2 cups Arugula
- ¼ cup Grapefruit segments
- 1/3 cup Orange segments
- 1/3 cup Beets cooked and peeled
- ¼ cup Grapefruit juice
- ¼ cup Orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon juice
- 1 Tablespoon Orange zest
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon zest
- Pinch salt and pepper
- ¼ cup Goat cheese
Pack Spinach in a measuring cup. Place into a large mixing bowl along with the arugula.
Zest orange and lemon into mixing bowl with greens.
Peel oranges and grapefruit.
Supreme oranges and grapefruit. Add to mixing bowl with greens
Squeeze cores of the orange and grapefruit into mixing bowl. Add fresh squeezed lemon juice.
Dice cooked beets and add to bowl. Add salt and pepper
Recipe Nutrient Analysis, Single Serving
Spiced Candied Pecans
Yield: 4 cups. 64 1Tablespoon servings
- 1 Large Egg white
- 2 cups Pecan Pieces
- raw ½ cup Sugar 1 teaspoon
- Cumin ¼ teaspoon Cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon Cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon Allspice
- ¼ teaspoon Ancho
- chili Pinch of Kosher salt to taste
Preheat oven to 300 degrees Beat egg white in medium mixing bowl until foamy. Add nuts spices, salt and sugar. Spread mixture onto a oil sprayed sheet pan. Bake until nuts start to dry and sugar starts to carmelize, 10 to 12 minutes. Pull nuts out of oven and stir around in pan. Turn oven up to 325 degrees. Put back into oven for another 10 to 12 minutes. Pull out of oven and let set to cool. When cooled place into a container with a lid. Use as a snack or for a salad topper.
- Recipe Nutrient Analysis, Single Serving: Calories: 30 Carbs: 21g Protein: .3g Fat: 2.5g Fiber: .3g
Sesame Crusted Ahi Tuna with Edamame Puree
and Crispy Rice Noodle Daikon Salad
Nutrition Information: based on 4 oz. Tuna with puree and 1 serving of salad: 466 Calories/22g. fat/33g. carbohydrates/41g. protein/11g fiber.
sesame crusted ahi tuna
- 16 ounces tuna.
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds.
- 8 ounces edamame puree.
- 1/8 cup daikon salad.
- 1 teaspoon soy dressing.
- salt & pepper to taste.
- Season tuna with salt and pepper to taste.
- Coat with sesame seeds and pan sear. Cook until you have your desired temperature.
- Mix the daikon with the dressing.
- Place the puree in the center of the plate, tope with the tuna and salad and finish with the fried rice noodles.
- 3 cups edamame beans.
- 1 cup onion chopped.
- 2 cloves garlic chopped.
- 2 tablespoons cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon miso paste
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1 1/2 cups soy,rice or almond milk
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper freshly ground
- Cook garlic, onions and edamame till tender.
- Place in blender with cilantro, lime juice, salt and pepper, sriracha sauce, soy mile and olive oil and puree till smooth.
Nutrition Information: 1 serving - 2.4 oz, or 1/16 of this recipe. 98 Calories/57g Fat/6. Carbohydrates/5g. Protein/2g. fiber
soy dressing for daikon salad
- 3/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
1. Whisk together and mix with diakon salad. This dish makes 36 - 1/2 oz. servings.
Nutrition information: 1 serving - 1/2 oz. 4 Calories/0g. Fat/5g. Carbohydrates/trace protein/trace fiber.
rice noodle daikon salad
- 1/2 cup fried rice noodles
- 4 cups radish daikon julienned
- 4 cups radish sprouts
1. Simply mix together. This dish makes 32 - 1/2 oz. servings.
Nutrition information: 1 serving - .7 oz. 8 Calories/trace Fat/2g. Carbohydrates/trace protein/trace fiber.Add a comment
Grilled Estancia Ranch Grassfed New York Striploin
with Blue Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes topped with Sun Dried Tomato Butter
Tips from Executive Chef Chad Luethje: For best results, shop for grass fed beef that has been raised with no grain, antibiotics or growth hormones. You can ask your butcher to portion your steaks to any size you like and also to remove as much fat as possible. You will still most likely be charged for the weight of whatever is removed. Red Mountain's suggested protein serving size is 4 oz.
About 15 minutes before grilling or pan searing your steaks, remove them from the refrigerator and allow them to warm to near room temperature.
Place the meat on the grill (or in a hot saute pan with two teaspoons of canola oil) and cook for two to three minutes. Then use a pair of tongs or spatula to flip the ssteads over and cook them on the other side for about 3 minutes. Total time needed to cook the steak to medium rare will be about six minutes total, although cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the steak. Use an instant read thermometer if you aren't sure of the temperature (120F for medium rate, 140F for medium). Remove the steaks from the grill and allow them to rest on a plate while assembling the other items, at least two minutes for best flavor.
Nutrition Information: based on 4 oz. Steak with Sun Dried Tomato butter and 1 serving of potatoes: 439 Calories/25g. fat/23g. carbohydrates/33g. protein/4g fiber.
Sun Dried Tomato Butter for Steak
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons Sun Dried Tomatoes, softened and minced.
- 1 teaspoon Italian Parsely, coarsely chopped
- 1 pinch Kosher Salt
- Allow butter to soften at room temperature for at least and hour and 1/2.
- Rehydrate sun dried tomatoes in hot water, then drain off the excess liquid and dice.
- Rinse Italian Parsley, shake all excess water off of leaves, and rough chop.
- Combine all ingredients in a small mixing bowl and stire or beat until well mixed.
- Spoon a small amount (2 teaspoons) over the top of grilled steak. Also is excellent along freshly baked bread.
Nutrition Information: 1 serving - .7 oz. 139 Calories/15g Fat/trace Carbohydrates/trace Protein/trace fiber
Blue Cheese Au Gratin Potatoes
- 3/4 cup half and half or light cream
- 1/4 egg beaten
- 3 Tbs egg white, slightly beaten
- 1 7/8 lbs. Yukon Gold Potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced on mandolin
- 1 1/8 cups Maytag or other blue cheese, crumbled.
- 3 Tbs. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated.
1. In a mixing bowl, combine egg, egg white, half & half, parmesan and blue cheese.
2. Peel potatoes and slice them thinly enogh to see the print on a newspaper through each slice, but not thin enough they can be wadded into a ball.
3. Pour egg, blue cheese and cream mixture over potatoes and toss to coat. Layer into a greased baking dish, placing some of the blue cheese crumbles between the layers of the potatoes and bake, covered, at 325 degreese for about 30 minutes, or until the potatoes are tender when pierced with a skewer or toothpick. Uncover and bake at 375 degrees for 10 more minutes until the top of the potatoes are golden brown. Remove from the oven and serve. This dish makes 15 - 3 oz. servings.
Nutrition information: 1 serving - 3 oz. 112 Calories/37g. Fat/14g. Carbohydrates/5g protein/trace fiber.Add a comment
Mango Habanero Glazed Shrimp Skewers
The combination of sweet and heat without the unnecessary calories.
1 lb. shrimp, 13-15 ct. shelled and cleaned.
1. Clean shrimp and skewer.
2. Brush on Mango Habanero Glaze (recipe follows).
3. Grill until Shrimp are done. Place atop Coconut infused Black Forbidden rice (recipe follows) and drizzle with Green Onion Crema.
285 Calories/11g fat/31g carbohydrate/2g fiber/18g Protein
Mango Habanero Glaze
- 1 tsp canola oil.
- 1 cup yellow onion, peeled and chopped.
- 1 tbsp garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 each habanero chilies
- 4 tbsp honey (preferably star thistle or orange blossom.)
- 12 cups mango, peeled, seeded and chopped.
- 2 cups white wine vinegar
- 2 cups water
Directions: Yield 4 cups, 32 servings.
- Prefeat large saucepot over over medium high flame. Add oil and onion. Saute until soft, 3-4 minutes.
- Add garlic and cook for about 30 seconds. Add mangoes, habanero and water. Simmer stirring often, until mangoes get soft and water evaporates. 10 minutes.
- Add honey and vinegar and cook over low heat until the mixture thickens slightly. 5-7 minutes.
- Transfer everything to blender and puree until smooth. Thin with additional water as needed.
- Strain through fine mesh strainer as needed.
- 1 Fresh Mango = 2 cups frozen.
51 calories per serving/.38 g fat,13 g carbohydrate, .6 g protein, 1 g. fiber.
Coconut Infused Black Forbidden Rice
- 4 cups black rice
- 6 3/4 cups coconut milk
- 3 cups water
DIRECTIONS: Yield 12 cups - 48 Servings
- Combine coconut milk, rice and 2 cups cold water in a saucepot and bring to a simmer over medium heat, stir occasionally.
- As rice starts to cook dry, stir in one cup of hot water and continue to cook until most liquid is gone.
Green Onion Crema
- 2 cups green onion tops only
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 1 egg yolk
Directions: Yields 1 1/4 cup - 20 servings
- Combine green onion tops in blender with water and puree.
- Combine with egg yolk and mayo and blend until fully incorporated.
Buttermilk Cheese Bread
2 1/2 tsp. Quick Rising Yeast
1 cup Whole Wheat Flour
1 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
4 oz. Rolled Oats
3 tbsp. Fructose
2 tsp. Salt
2 tsp. Dry Basil
2 tsp. Dry Oregano
2 tsp. Dry Thyme
2 1/2 tsp. Dry Dill Weed
3 oz. Low-fat Cheddar Cheese, grated
10 1/2 tbsp. Buttermilk Powder
Preheat oven to 325 F. Combine all dry ingredients, including cheese, in a mixing bowl. Add water and stir until evenly blended. Spoon batter into 2 greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 325 F. for 35 minutes until top is golden brown .
Nutrition Analysis: single serving 1 oz. Calories 47; Net Carbs 9g; Protein 2g; Fat 1 g; Fiber 1g. Yields Two 24 oz. loaves and 48, 1 oz. servings.Add a comment
Serving Size: ½ C Cobbler + 2 oz. Ice Cream
For the filling:
10 c. raw or frozen peaches
ORGANIC CANE SUGAR 1 Cup
Brown Sugar ½ Cup
TAPIOCA FLOUR 4 Tbsp.
FRESH LEMON JUICE 1 Tbsp.
CINNAMON 1 tsp.
ALLSPICE, ½ tsp
For the topping:
ALL-PURPOSE FLOUR ½ Cup
ROLLED OATS ½ Cup
BROWNSUGAR ½ Cup
CINNAMON 1½ tsp.
BUTTER,UNSALTED(COLD) ½ Cup
Combine the filling ingredients in a bowl; stir gently. Spoon fruit mixture into 9”x13” baking dish coated with cooking spray; set aside. Place all ingredients for topping in a food processor and pulse until the topping is in very small pieces. Spread the topping evenly over the filling. Bake at 350F degrees for 3-350 minutes or until filling is bubbly and crust is golden.
Recipe Nutrient Analysis, Single Serving: 180 Calories/35g carbohydrates/1g Protein/5g Fat/2g FiberAdd a comment
Pistachio Crusted Rack of Lamb
2 twelve ounce New Zealand lamb racks (8-10 bones each) frenched and trimmed of all sinew, cut into 4-5 bone racks
¼ cup Dijon mustard
1 recipe Roasted Corn & Goat Cheese Flan (follows)
1 recipe rosemary-sun dried tomato demi (follows)
½ cup raw pistachio kernels, roasted and chopped in a food processor until coarse chopped
1 tbsp. Herbs de Provence
2 tsp. canola oil
¼ tsp. Kosher salt
Pinch of freshly ground black pepper
Breading: Preheat oven to 375 F. spread pistachio kernels out on a baking sheet and bake until aromatic and starting to brown lightly, about 4-5 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. Then, process pistachios in a food processor until they are coarsely ground, but smooth enough to stick to the racks. Pour into small bowl and stir in Herbs de Provence.
For the lamb: Sprinkle salt & pepper over both sides of the lamb. Preheat a large sauté pan over high heat; add the oil, and then carefully add the lamb to the pan meaty side down and cook until golden brown, about three minutes. Turn and repeat on the bony side, about one minute. Remove the pan from the heat and pour off excess oil. Carefully grab the lamb by the bones, using a kitchen towel or a pair of tongs. Brush each rack with the mustard, crust with pistachios, and then put the meat back in the sauté pan and roast in 375 F. oven to desired doneness, about 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare.
Using a sharp knife cut the lamb racks into two bone chops. Spoon the rosemary sun dried tomato jus onto each plate and lay two chops on top of the sauce. Place a flan on each plate.
Rosemary-Sun Dried Tomato Jus Ingredients:
1 ½ cups veal or beef stock, low sodium
3 tbsp. sun dried tomatoes, julienne
Trimmings from the lamb racks (optional)
½ cup Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, or Burgundy
1 sprig fresh rosemary
½ tsp. canola oil
Preheat a small sauce pan over high heat. Sauté lamb scraps (if available) and sun dried tomatoes with the oil until lamb scraps are browned. Add rosemary and peppercorns, then add the wine and reduce by half, about 90 seconds. Reduce heat to medium, add stock, and simmer until sauce has thickened enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 20 minutes. Remove rosemary sprig.
Roasted Corn & Goat Cheese Flan Ingredients:
½ cup goat cheese (Chevre)
2 large eggs
3/4 cups heavy cream
1 tablespoons freshly grated reggiano parmesan
2 tbsp. freshly chopped fresh tarragon leaves
¼ cup sun dried tomatoes, diced
¼ cup fresh corn kernels
Kosher salt & pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 325 F. Combine all ingredients in food processor and process until smooth, about 1 to 2 minutes. Pour mixture into greased ramekins, then place ramekins a casserole dish and pour warm water in the dish until filled to halfway up the sides of the ramekins. Bake in 325 F. oven until flan is set and a wooden toothpick or skewer inserted in center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and let the flans rest in the hot water for about 10 minutes.Add a comment
Pan-seared Diver Scallops with Garlic and White Wine on Nested Saffron Rice Noodles
1 lb. diver scallops
1 tsp. olive oil
½ tsp. garlic, minced
2 oz. white wine
Directions for Diver Scallops:
- Spray olive oil into sauté pan and bring oil to smoke point.
- Add scallops, sear and turn.
- Add garlic and sauté for 30 seconds.
- Add white wine and pinch of salt and pepper.
- Heat ½ tsp olive oil in sauté pan. Add rice noodles with a pinch of salt.
- When scallops are done, place on ½ cup of saffron rice noodles (recipe below).
Saffron Scented Rice Noodles Ingredients:
1 pack rice noodles
½ tsp. crushed saffron
- Add crushed saffron to 2 qt. water and bring to a boil.
- Add rice noodles and cook until just done.
- Rinse noodles with cold water to remove starch and stop cooking process.
Page 1 of 5«StartPrev12345NextEnd»