Outdoor Adventure Awaits at Red Mountain Resort
~ Red Rock Retreat Offers Unique Outdoor Adventure Activities For All~
St. George, UTAH, July 23, 2013 – This summer, Red Mountain Resort invites adventure seekers and outdoor enthusiasts alike to embark on an exciting outdoor adventure amidst the red rock bluffs of southwest Utah. The award-winning active retreat inspires guests to seek adventure and try something new by offering a wide variety of off-the-beaten-path activities and excursions. From rock climbing, canyoneering and kayaking, to mountain biking, rappelling and more, Red Mountain offers unparalleled outdoor adventure activities designed for all skill levels.
“Our guests are able to experience a wide range of outdoor adventure activities that are not found at many other destination retreats,” says Outdoor Recreation Director, John Ibach. “Whether guests are looking to challenge themselves, or experience an excursion within their own comfort zone, Red Mountain Resort provides activities catered to all abilities, and our friendly and experienced guides are here to assist every step of the way.”
Guests can choose from an array of unique outdoor adventure activities, which can be added to any of the resort’s Retreat Packages to boost their adventure. Those looking for a more customized excursion can contact the resort’s Adventure Concierge to plan a personalized hike, rock climb, bike ride or custom adventure.* A few of the resort’s popular outdoor adventures include:
- Kayaking (4 hours, $119 per person) – Guests can combine an upper body workout with astonishing scenery on one of the resort’s local lakes. Kayaking is available with a guide for hire for those desiring private instruction. In the hot summer months, guests can enjoy a paddle board to add to adventure.
- Canyoneering (6 hours, $199 per person) – Guests will experience a combination of hiking, climbing, scrambling and rappelling during this exciting six-hour outdoor adventure. No experience is required, only teamwork and a sense of adventure.
- Zion Bike & Hike (full day, $199 per person) – This active adventure begins with an ascent up the Pa’rus trail before connecting onto the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive. Stopping at historic sites along the way, guests will be able to stretch their legs and enjoy a few short hikes through Southwest Utah’s rugged terrain.
- Rappelling (3 hours, $159 per hour) – Guests will safely descend a fixed rope over 150-foot Cougar Cliff with a Zion Rock & Mountain Guide at hand. The first few steps backwards can be a little unnerving, but once past that point, rappelling is a thrilling adventure.
- Custom Adventures ($45 per hour, per person) – Red Mountain’s experienced guides can provide personalized hikes, climbs, bike rides, kayak or archaeological adventures for any guest wishing to create an out-of-the-box experience of their own. Guests can choose a location near the resort, or a trip to Zion, Gateway, Grand Canyon or Pine Valley Mountain.
Only a short jaunt away from Las Vegas and easily accessible from Las Vegas McCarran and St. George airports, Red Mountain Resort is the perfect place to seek adventure. For more information on Red Mountain Resort, please visit www.redmountainresort.com or call 877.246.4453. Follow Red Mountain on Twitter @Redmtnresort, or on Facebook at www.facebook.com/RedMountainResort.
*The Adventure Concierge is available daily from 9:00a.m. to 9:00p.m. MST at 435-652-5712.
About Red Mountain Resort:
Nestled in Southwestern Utah’s red rock bluffs, Red Mountain Resort is a one-of-a-kind active destination retreat, inspiring guests to pursue health, wellness, balance and joy. With one of the country’s most breathtaking natural settings as its backdrop, the resort features a comprehensive selection of fitness classes and programs, outdoor and hiking adventures, nutritious cuisine and personal discovery seminars. Red Mountain’s Sagestone Spa & Salon provides an array of unique spa services and has also been recognized as a top spa by Travel + Leisure (2012 World’s Best Destination Spa), Condé Nast Traveler, Fodor’s, Allure Magazine, Forbes.com and USA Today. Red Mountain Resort is conveniently located 30 minutes from St. George Municipal Airport and two hours from Las Vegas McCarran International Airport, allowing visitors an easy commute. For reservations and information, call toll-free at 877.246.HIKE, or visit www.RedMountainResort.com.
# # #
MEDIA Devyn Barker Kimberly Mannino
CONTACTS: LOU HAMMOND & ASSOCIATES LOU HAMMOND & ASSOCIATES
Phone: 212.891.0207 Phone: 212.891.0208