~ Active Retreat Reveals Fitness Programs for Summer 2012 ~
St. George, UTAH, May 21, 2011 – Red Mountain Resort is gearing up for a sizzling summer with an array of programs designed to shape the mind, body, and spirit amidst Southwest Utah’s picturesque views. With activities ranging from exhilarating outdoor adventures, to physical fitness programs and workshops, the award-winning active resort is the perfect place to shape-up during the lazy days of summer. “At Red Mountain Resort, we encourage guests to achieve their health and fitness goals,” says Fitness Manager, Kim Watters. “During their stay, guests are able to experience endless fitness with daily classes and workshops taught by our energetic staff. Guests learn about healthy lifestyle changes that will last much longer than their stay.” Visitors to Red Mountain Resort can participate in a variety of activities and packages designed to improve their health and fitness, including:
Guests can supplement the Digital Detox Spring Deal with the following offerings:
• Personal Training Starter Kit ($79 per person) – Guests will receive a private 90-minute training session by one of Red Mountain’s experienced fitness professionals, along with a personalized exercise program to continue at home.
• Weight Loss Toolbox Add-on ($450 per person) – With this healthy add-on, guests can incorporate what they learn at Red Mountain and build the foundation for a successful long term change. The add-on includes one 80-minute nutrition assessment, one 60-minute Metabolic Profile Assessment & Resting Energy Expenditure (REE) Analysis, one 50-minute personal training session, and one heart rate monitor and journal. Additionally, guests’ toolboxes will be filled with a plan for the next 12 weeks.
• Water Workouts * (included with resort packages) – When guests are ready to hit the pool they’ll have plenty of options as Red Mountain Resort offers a number of fitness opportunities in the water. From strengthening and firming muscles during Aqua Strength to cardiovascular exercises during Water Walking, there’s a water workout for everyone.
• Kayaking * ($119 per person) – Visitors can take in breathtaking views of Southwest Utah while experiencing an upper body workout when they opt for Red Mountain Resort’s kayaking trip. This adventure will take guests to local lakes where they’ll spend four hours exploring and unwinding on the water.
• Adventure Mountain Biking * ($159 per person) – Guests can hit the trail as Zion Rock & Mountain Guides lead the way on this incredible adventure. Regarded as a favorite among biking enthusiasts, the Bear Claw Poppy Trail complex, an off-road, single-track mountain biking area, offers a mix of both technical and aerobic challenges that fitness buffs can enjoy
All activities can be added on to the resort’s popular Fitness Intensive Retreat Package*, which starts at $295 per person per night and promotes enjoyable activities that make it easy to sustain a long-term commitment to one’s health. This package is based on double occupancy and includes:
- Seven nights in a Deluxe Room
- Specialty fitness classes and activities
- 90-minute fitness consultation
- 50-minute metabolic profile and resting energy expenditure analysis
- 50-minute personal training session
- 60-minute heart rate workshop with take-home heart monitor
- 50-minute Sagestone Red Rock Hikers Massage
*Fitness Intensive Retreat Package is available Jun. 3-9, Sept. 2-8, Sept. 30-Oct.7, and Nov. 4-11, 2012.
Only a short jaunt away from Las Vegas and easily accessible from Las Vegas McCarran and St. George airports, there’s no better time to experience Red Mountain. For more information on Red Mountain Resort’s offerings, please visit www.redmountainresort.comor call (877)-246-4453.
Nestled in the high desert red rock bluffs of Southwestern Utah, Red Mountain Resort is a one-of-a-kind active destination retreat, inspiring guests to pursue health, balance and joy. With one of the country’s most breathtaking natural settings as its backdrop, the resort features a comprehensive selection of fitness programs, outdoor and hiking adventures, nutritious cuisine and personal discovery services. Highlights include the year-round outdoor recreation programs at nearby Zion National Park, unlimited on-property fitness classes, and seminars hosted by some of the leading minds in health and wellness. Red Mountain Resort also features the Sagestone Spa & Salon, named one of the top spas by Condé Nast Traveler, Fodor’s, Allure Magazine, Forbes.com and USA Today. The new St. George Municipal Airport, opened in January 2011, allows visitors an easy commute, while Las Vegas is a mere two hour drive from resort property. Red Mountain is located at 1275 E. Red Mountain Circle, St George, Utah 84738. For reservations call 435.673.4905, toll-free at 877.246.HIKE, or visit RedMountainResort.com.
Media can also visit www.louhammond.com for latest press releases and images. Follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/LouHammondPR or visit the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/louhammondpr.
# # #
Devyn Barker/Kimberly Mannino
Lou Hammond & Associates
Red Mountain Resort