Indulge Your Appetite: Red Mountain Resort Unveils New Menu
~ Dale Van Sky Serves Up Flavorful Cuisine for the Fall Season ~
St. George, UTAH, September 7, 2011 – Praised for its adventure and wellness amenities, Red Mountain Resort will give guests more to rave about this fall with newly-launched dinner, dessert, and drink menus, masterminded by Executive Chef Dale Van Sky. With more than 30 years of culinary experience, Chef Van Sky highlights his healthy and delicious meals, indulging guests with a series of fresh, satisfying entrées and desserts all under 550 calories.
With a casual Southwestern flare, Red Mountain’s Canyon Breeze Restaurant offers spectacular views of Utah’s red rock mountains, outdoor patio seating, and an indoor double-sided fireplace. The restaurant also boasts a demonstration kitchen where guests learn the principles of healthy cooking and how to recreate many of the resort’s wholesome dishes at the renowned “Eat Well, Feel Well” culinary school.
“We strive to use only the healthiest quality ingredients possible and draw from local and seasonal resources,” says Chef Van Sky. “I take pleasure in introducing diners to savory ingredients that aren’t always available or easy to find, including quinoa and baby purple kohlrabi. My hope is that our diners will incorporate these nutritious items into their cooking and daily diet.”
Red Mountain’s guests don’t have to deprive themselves of delicious, fulfilling meals and can delight in the resort’s distinctive new entrees and desserts including:
• Deconstructed Blueberry Cheesecake (266 calories) with blueberries and graham cracker crust
• Chocolate Fondue with Bananas, Strawberries, and Pineapple (223 calories)
• Jerk Seasoned Roasted Quail with goat cheese and agave pomegranate glaze served on a bed of wild rice pilaf (389 calories)
• Scallops and Orecchiette Pasta with crimini mushrooms, diced tomatoes, poblano pepper, shallots, dark chili powder, white wine, lime juice & cilantro (341 calories)
• Southwestern Bison Medallions with sautéed onions and bell peppers served on red skin potatoes with chives (304 calories)
• Quinoa, Vegetables, & Feta Cheese with asparagus, red and yellow bell peppers, leeks and garbanzo beans (276 calories)
• Peach Upside Down Cake (192 calories) topped with brown sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg
• Prickly Pear BBQ Pork Loin topped with leek straws served on smoky cheddar cheese polenta wedge (382 calories)
In addition to the new dinner and dessert menus, the resort’s current drink menu includes a full beer and wine list with popular and local favorites for an additional cost, such as Zion Canyon India Pale Ale (IPA) and wines from the Sonoma and Napa Valley regions. Dinner is served daily from 5:30 p.m. through 8 p.m. at the Canyon Breeze Restaurant, which supports Kosher, Vegetarian, Vegan and Gluten-free diets. Dinner reservations are required and meals are included as part of all of the resort’s packages and can also be purchased a la carte. For more information on Red Mountain’s menu selection, please visit www.redmountainresort.com or call 435-673-4905.
Nestled in the high desert red rock bluffs of Southwestern Utah, Red Mountain Resort is a one-of-a-kind active destination retreat, inspiring guests to pursue health, balance and joy. With one of the country’s most breathtaking natural settings as its backdrop, the resort features a comprehensive selection of fitness programs, outdoor and hiking adventures, nutritious cuisine and personal discovery services. Highlights include the year-round outdoor recreation programs at nearby Zion National Park, unlimited on-property fitness classes, and seminars hosted by some of the leading minds in health and wellness. Red Mountain Resort also features the Sagestone Spa & Salon, named one of the top spas by Condé Nast Traveler, Fodor’s, Allure Magazine, Forbes.com and USA Today. The new St. George Municipal Airport, opened in January 2011, allows visitors an easy commute, while Las Vegas is a mere two hour drive from resort property. Red Mountain is located at 1275 E. Red Mountain Circle, St George, Utah 84738. For reservations call 435.673.4905, toll-free at 877.246.HIKE, or visit RedMountainResort.com.
Media can also visit www.louhammond.com for latest press releases and images. Follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/LouHammondPR or visit the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/louhammondpr.
# # #
Red Mountain Resort