Deep Dark Chocolate Cake with White Chocolate
1¾ cup unsifted flour
2 cup sugar
¾ cup cocoa
1½ tsp. baking soda
1½ tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup milk
½ cup canola oil
2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 cup boiling water
1 cup white chocolate chips
1 cup frozen raspberries
3 Tbsp. pomegranate juice
3 Tbsp. fructose (or sugar)
- Mix the dry ingredients (flour, sugar, cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt).
- Add the eggs, milk, canola oil and vanilla extract. Mix until thoroughly combined.
- Mix in the hot water.
- Pour into an oil-sprayed 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Fold in white chocolate.
- Bake at 350° F for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Combine raspberries, pomegranate juice and fructose in a small sauce pan.
- Simmer over low-medium heat until all the raspberries are broken down.
- Puree, strain and cool. Drizzle on each piece of cake.
Carbohydrates (g): 44
Protein (g): 4
Fat (g): 3
Fiber (g): 2
Lime Pots de Creme
1/3 cup key lime juice
1/2 cup fructose
4 whole eggs
1/2 cup 2% milk
- Blend all items on high 2-3 minutes.
- Divide into six ramekins.
- Place ramekins in 2" full pan.
- Fill with hot water level to the créme.
- Bake 30 minutes or until a knife inserted in the center comes out clean.
Tofu Ambrosia with Cantaloupe and Honeydew
2 cups cantaloupe, ¼" diced
2 cups honeydew, ¼" diced
1 cup tofu whipped cream (recipe below)
Tofu Whipped Cream Ingredients:
8 oz. soft tofu
2 Tbsp. maple syrup
1 Tbsp. agave syrup
1 tsp. orange peel, grated
1 tsp. pure vanilla
Dash nutmeg, ground
- Blend all tofu whipped cream ingredients in a food processor or with a mixer.
- Toss tofu whipped cream with cantaloupe and honeydew.
Apple Walnut Bread Pudding
¼ tsp. vanilla beans, split
½ cup brown sugar
1 cup milk
¼ lb. whole wheat bread, cubed
½ apple, peeled, sliced
¼ oz. walnuts, chopped
¼ tsp. apple pie spice
¾ cup caramel sauce (see recipe below)
- Warm milk with vanilla bean and brown sugar to dissolve the sugar.
- Beat eggs with salt and pepper.
- Add bread, apples and apple pie spice to egg and milk mixture.
- Pour into a baking pan and bake (preferably in a water bath) for 30 minutes at 325° degrees.
- Serve with Caramel Sauce (see recipe).
- Dust each serving with cinnamon.
Caramel Sauce Ingredients:
3 fl. oz. water
3 fl. oz. sugar
3 Tbsp. corn syrup
1/4 cup cream
2 Tbsp. butter
- Combine water, sugar and corn syrup. Cook to a light caramel.
- Cautiously add cream, stirring to blend.
- Stir in butter.
Baked Pear with Agave Chili Glazed Pecans
1/2 cup water
2 tsp. agave syrup
1 tsp. chili powder
1/4 tsp. cayenne
1/2 cup pecans
- Peel pears.
- Cut off top portion of pear and hollow out removing core and seeds.
- Place into baking dish.
- Add ½ cup water.
- Place in preheated 350° oven. Cook until tender.
- Combine agave syrup, chili powder and cayenne in bowl.
- Toss pecans in mixture and place on silicone baking mat. Bake until caramelized, cool and crumble.
- Place pecans in warm pear and serve.