16 each Jumbo Shrimp
1 cup Roma Tomatoes, seeded and diced small
2 tsp Garlic, minced
2 tsp Shallots, minced
4 tsp Cilantro, chopped
- Bring Pure Olive Oil to smoke point
- Add Shrimp. Sauté 2 minutes and turn.
- Add Diced Tomatoes. Sauté 1 minute.
- Add Minced Garlic and Shallots. Sweat 1 minute.
- Add 1 cup Seasoned White Wine (recipe below). Reduce until thickened
- Place Millet Polenta Cake on plate (recipe below). Point side towards middle of plate.
- Arrange Shrimp layered and tail up.
- Pour Sauce on Shrimp.
Seasoned White Wine Ingredients:
1 cup White Wine
2 T Paprika
2 tsp Chile Powder
2 tsp Chipotle with Adobo, chopped
3/4 tsp Salt
Place ingredients in blender and blend well.
Millet Polenta Cake Ingredients:
3 T Cooked Millet (1 ½ T Millet, 3 T Boiling Water)
3 T Yellow Onion, diced
1/2 tsp Garlic, minced
2 oz Polenta Cornmeal
6 oz Water
1 1/2 T Smoked Gouda, ¼ Inch Diced
- Pour Boiling Water on Millet. Let set until cooled (pour off excess water).
- Bring Water, Onions, Garlic and Salt to a boil. Reduce heat to simmer.
- Wisk in Polenta (make sure it does not lump).
- Cook 5 minutes.
- Add Gouda. Mix until dissolved.
- Add Cooked Millet.
- Spread on silpat in 1/2" thick rectangle and cool.
- Cut rectangle in half.
- Cut squares diagonally into triangles (sauté or place on grill to lightly char).