Fire Grilled Beef Sirloin Oscar
Ingredients for Beef:
1 lb. beef sirloin, 4 ounces per portion
4 tsp. blue crab meat, backfin
½ cup mock hollandaise (see recipe below)
16 each asparagus spears, index finger length
2 tsp. lemon zest
1 cup mashed potatoes
To taste salt & pepper
2 tsp. olive oil
Ingredients for Mock Hollandaise:
4 oz. soft tofu
1 Tbsp. lemon juice
Pinch crumbled saffron
Pinch kosher salt
1 large egg yolk
To taste butter flavor (liquid)
- Cream egg yolk in small mixing bowl over a double boiler (sauce pot filled with steaming water).
- Place tofu, lemon juice, saffron, salt, Tabasco and butter flavor into a food processor and puree until smooth. Serve warm.
- Pre-heat grill on high heat. Lightly season sirloin on both sides with salt & pepper; coat lightly with olive oil.
- Toss asparagus spears in olive oil and lemon zest, coating lightly.
- Grill sirloin steaks to desired doneness and lightly grill asparagus spears until they begin to soften slightly.
- Crisscross asparagus spears on top of the mashed potatoes, then place beef on top of the asparagus, top with crabmeat and ladle hollandaise sauce over the top. Garnish with a pinch of fresh lemon zest.
Recipe Nutrient Analysis (per serving):