Sonoran Spice Char-Grilled Pork Loin with Roasted Garlic-Shallot Aioli served with Yukon Gold Potato Hash
Pork Chop Ingredients
1 lb boneless pork loin cut into 4 oz. chops
¼ cup diced poblano peppers
¼ cup diced red bell pepper
¼ cup diced onions
- Coat 4 oz. pork chop with ½ Tbsp. Sonoran spice rub (recipe below), cook on char grill to medium.
- Sauté potato hash (recipe below) until hot, place cooked pork on potato hash.
- Sauté ¼ cup diced poblano peppers, ¼ cup diced red bell pepper and ¼ cup diced onions, place ¼ of mixture on each serving top with 1 Tbsp of aioli (recipe below).
Sonoran Spice Rub Ingredients
1 Tbsp. salt (kosher)
2 tsp. dark chili powder
2 tsp. whole cumin seed
2 Tbsp. dried chamomile flowers
1 Tbsp. black peppercorns
1 ½ Tbsp. paprika
¼ cup onion powder
2 Tbsp. granulated garlic
5 whole pods star anise
1 Tbsp. fructose crystals
Spice Rub Directions
- In Teflon pans separately toast cumin and chili powder until color just changes. Remove from pan immediately.
- Grind pepper, chamomile, cumin and anise in spice grinder until completely ground.
- Combine with rest of ingredients in bowl and mix well. Store in airtight container.
Yukon Gold Potato Hash Ingredients
2 cups Yukon Gold potatoes, diced ½”
2 Tbsp. pure olive oil
¼ cup red onion, diced ¼”
¼ cup green bell pepper, diced ¼”
- Toss diced potatoes with olive oil.
- Roast until done, cool.
- Sauté diced onion and bell pepper until soft.
- Combine cooled cooked potatoes with onion and bell peppers.
Roasted Garlic-Shallot Aioli Ingredients
1 large peeled and roasted shallots
2 large cloves roasted garlic
1 Tbsp. white wine
1 cups mayonnaise
- Put first three items in food processor and puree well.
- Add mayonnaise and puree
- Add salt to taste.