~ Red Rock Retreat Offers Off the Beaten Path Outdoor Adventures ~
St. George, UTAH, June 22, 2012 – Red Mountain Resort invites visitors to step outside of their comfort zones and discover something new alongside Southwest Utah’s stunning red rock bluffs and canyons. The award-winning active retreat provides guests with the opportunity to embark on an extraordinary journey and experience off-the-beaten-path outdoor activities and excursions during their stay.
“Red Mountain Resort offers outdoor recreation opportunities that are not found at many other destination retreats,” says Outdoor Recreation Director, John Ibach. “Our programs enhance our guests’ experiences by providing them with activities that are both challenging and personally satisfying. With our experienced guides and proximity to Southwest Utah’s premier recreation areas, guests can challenge themselves in their comfort zone, or take the opportunity to stretch themselves beyond where they thought they could go.”
Visitors can participate in a variety of unique outdoor activities and packages designed to provide inspiration and a sense of enlightenment, including:
- West Zion Jeep Tour ($199 per person) – Guests will take in breathtaking panoramic views while embarking on a short hike to see Native American petroglyphs among the hidden springs. This six-hour jeep tour is perfect for someone looking to experience something unique and learn something new.
- Zion National Park Hiking Adventure ($199 per person) – A short jaunt from Red Mountain, Zion National Park is one of the scenic wonders of the natural world. Visitors will experience its famous deep canyons, sandstone cliffs and the scenic views of Southwest Utah’s colorful mountain peaks during this one-of-a-kind hiking adventure. Hiking options include Angel’s Landing, Observation Point and Emerald Pools.
- Canyoneering ($199 per person) – Guests will experience a combination of hiking, climbing, scrambling and rappelling during this exciting six-hour outdoor adventure. No experience is required, only teamwork and a sense of adventure.
- Zion Bike & Hike ($199 per person) – This active adventure begins with an ascent up the Pa’rus trail before connecting onto the Zion Canyon Scenic Drive. Stopping at historic sites along the way, guests will be able to stretch their legs and enjoy a few short hikes through Southwest Utah’s rugged terrain.
- Custom Adventures ($45 per hour, per person) – Red Mountain’s experienced guides can provide personalized hikes, climbs, bike rides, kayak, or archaeological adventures for any guest wishing to create an out-of-the-box experience of their own. Guests can choose a location near the resort, or a trip to Zion, Gateway, Grand Canyon or Pine Valley Mountain.
All activities can be added on to the resort’s popular Essential Retreat Package*, which starts at $230 per person per night. This package is based on double occupancy and includes:
- Deluxe Room; no minimum stay
- Three healthy meals daily
- Daily guided morning hikes
- Unlimited fitness classes
- Healthy life classes & events
- Personal discovery activities
- Complimentary Wi-Fi in rooms and throughout resort
- 42” flat-screen, high-definition televisions
- Use of indoor and seasonal outdoor pools, bicycles, walking trails, strength and cardio studios and other amenities
Only a short jaunt away from Las Vegas and easily accessible from Las Vegas McCarran and St. George airports, there’s no better time to experience Red Mountain. For more information on Red Mountain Resort’s offerings, please visit www.redmountainresort.comor call 877.246.4453.
Nestled in the high desert red rock bluffs of Southwestern Utah, Red Mountain Resort is a one-of-a-kind active destination retreat, inspiring guests to pursue health, balance and joy. With one of the country’s most breathtaking natural settings as its backdrop, the resort features a comprehensive selection of fitness programs, outdoor and hiking adventures, nutritious cuisine and personal discovery services. Highlights include the year-round outdoor recreation programs at nearby Zion National Park, unlimited on-property fitness classes, and seminars hosted by some of the leading minds in health and wellness. Red Mountain Resort also features the Sagestone Spa & Salon, named one of the top spas by Condé Nast Traveler, Fodor’s, Allure Magazine, Forbes.com and USA Today. The new St. George Municipal Airport, opened in January 2011, allows visitors an easy commute, while Las Vegas is a mere two hour drive from resort property. Red Mountain is located at 1275 E. Red Mountain Circle, St George, Utah 84738. For reservations call 435.673.4905, toll-free at 877.246.HIKE, or visit RedMountainResort.com.
Media can also visit www.louhammond.com for latest press releases and images. Follow on Twitter at www.twitter.com/LouHammondPR or visit the Facebook page at www.facebook.com/louhammondpr.
# # #
Devyn Barker/Kimberly Mannino
Lou Hammond & Associates
Red Mountain Resort