~Resort Unveils Summer Speaking Engagements, Outdoor Activities and Seasonal Menu~
ST. GEORGE, UTAH, May 24, 2010 – Red Mountain Resort & Spa will become the hot spot to cool down and unwind this summer, as it unveils great ways to rejuvenate the mind, body and soul through personal enhancement presentations, a series of land- and water-based activities and excursions, a refreshing seasonal menu to invigorate the senses as well as a radiant "Summer Sunsation" package.
From June 14 – 17, Red Mountain Resort & Spa will welcome Dr. Bertice Berry, leading sociologist and award-winning lecturer for a presentation entitled "ReNew, ReEnergize, ReEngage-Wellness: a WHOLE new approach." Combining sociology and research skills with her innate ability to make audiences think and laugh, Dr. Berry will teach audiences how to redefine wellness as well as provide suggestions on creating work / life harmony, personal wellness, and the best ways to re-energize one's career.
To energize the body, the red rock canyons of St. George, Utah are a natural setting for on foot expeditions. Beyond trails and hikes, guests will also find that Red Mountain Resort & Spa is home to many diverse summer activities, which engage all five senses for an exhilarating vacation experience, including:
- Kayaking ($119pp): Visitors can take in breathtaking views of southwest Utah while experiencing an upper body workout when they opt for Red Mountain Resort & Spa's kayaking trip. This adventure will take guests to local lakes where they'll spend four hours exploring and unwinding on the water.
- Santa Clara River Valley Road Ride ($59pp): Guests can let the breeze do all the work as they enjoy a scenic 15.5-mile guided road ride through beautiful Santa Clara River Valley. Starting in the small town Veyo, the trip descends into the valley past the Gunlock Reservoir and along a winding road lined with Cottonwood trees and red Navajo sandstone formations.
- Horseback Riding ($99pp): To take in the resort's surroundings from a higher point of view, guests can opt for a horseback adventure. Designed for beginner and novice riders, guests will have the opportunity to explore Snow Canyon State Park, which presents a mix of the Mojave Desert, Great Basin Desert and Colorado Plateau habitat and vegetation.
- Water Workouts (included with resort packages): When guests are ready to hit the pool they'll have plenty of options as Red Mountain Resort & Spa offers a number of fitness opportunities in the water. A selection of full-body options is available, from strengthening and firming muscles with Aqua Strength to cardiovascular calisthenics with Water Walking.
To unwind following an adventurous day of outdoor activities and personal discovery, Red Mountain Resort & Spa offers a number of delicious specialty dishes and drinks worth savoring. Guests can choose from an assortment of courses including the Navajo Pinto Bean, Lentil & Vegetable Medley - served on Grilled Rice Bread Crostini topped with Goat Cheese or the Ginger Pineapple Marinated Duck - served on Ancho chili-infused red rice topped with Papaya Gastrique. Tasty seasonal cocktails are also available, such as the Canyon Breeze Bellini - a blend of Champagne, peaches, Agave Nectar and a dash of fresh squeezed orange juice, and the Spa Mojito - a mix of Sauvignon Blanc, sparkling water, Agave Nectar, mint and fresh-squeezed lime juice to serve as blissful top-offs to the perfect summer day.
Red Mountain Resort & Spa is also offering guests the Summer Sunsation package, valid when they book a minimum three-night for travel between May 24 and August 31, 2010. In addition to a complimentary massage at Sagestone Spa & Salon, the package also includes:
- A Special Rate of $219 per person, per night
- 50-minute Sagestone Swedish Massage
- Daily Guided Morning Hikes
- Three Delicious and Nutritious Meals Daily
- Deluxe Accommodations
- Unlimited Fitness Classes
- Healthy Life Classes and Events at the Wellness Center
- Personal Discover Classes
- Eat Well, Feel Well Cooking Demonstrations
- Complimentary In-Room High-Speed Internet
- Use of Resort Amenities Including Indoor and Seasonal Outdoor Pools, Bicycles, Walking Trails, Strength and Cardio Studios
For a complete listing of seasonal activities, fitness classes, events and menus available this summer at Red Mountain Resort & Spa, guests can visit www.RedMountainSpa.com
Red Mountain Resort & Spa, nestled in the high desert red rock bluffs of Southwestern Utah and a picturesque two-hour drive from Las Vegas, is an extraordinary fitness and wellness destination. It features rejuvenating spa treatments, the most extensive hiking program in the Southwest and innovative programs for mind and body. Highlights include the Sagestone Spa & Salon offering more than 50 treatments and services, many including indigenous ingredients. Specializing in outdoor adventure fitness programs for all levels, Red Mountain Resort & Spa has been named one of the top spas by Condé Nast Traveler, Fodor's, Allure Magazine, and Forbes.com; and one of the Top Detox Spas by USA Today. Red Mountain is located at 1275 E. Red Mountain Circle, St George, Utah 84738. For reservations call 435.673.4905, toll-free at 877.246.HIKE, or visit RedMountainSpa.com.
Red Mountain Resort